Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 creditors meeting

My meeting is in two days, a nervous wreck

As long as your petition is accurate and you are not hiding anything, there is nothing to be worried about. The trustee will ask you questions that should be easy to answer. Just answer the questions without offering additional information. If for some reason you don't know the answer to a questions, simply say that you don't know. You will have an opportunity to provide information later.

I suggest you read some stories about 341s here: http://www.bkforum.com/forum/before-...e/-341-meeting. You will see that most people leave their 341 saying "what was I so worried about?".

I would say good luck, but you don't need luck unless you are committing in fraud in which case any wish of good luck would be sarcastic.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

We too were nervous about our 341 meeting, but it's nothing at all to worry about. When they called our names, we were sworn in then we sat down. The trustee will read over the paperwork your lawyer prepared. The lawyer does majority of the speaking. The trustee asked us 2-3 questions each about our jobs, the income reported by the attorney and our residence and then it was done.

Once they call your name it's maybe 10 minutes that your up there, the most agonizing part is sitting while they handle all the other cases. Also, don't feel embarrassed because everyone else there waiting is there for the same reason you are.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X