taking payment out of wages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

taking payment out of wages

I made my first two payments myself. On my last paycheck, my job started making the payments. I see it on my pay stubb, but my job seems to be taking their time paying it. My lawyer said not to worry as long as I have my pay stubb showing that the money was taken out. Just don't want the trustee to think I am paying late, my confirmation is September 21st. Anyone experience this proble, or am I making to much of this issue.

I had the same problem. I sent in a money order to my trustee until my payroll deduction got started - the money order took six days to get there. The payroll deduction took twelve days to get there. I am not sure what the difference is, but it is in there somewhere. My attorney told me the same thing, hold on to the pay stub in case you need it.

Comment

I had a wage deduction as well, and it does take time since it is post payroll and they have to send a check by mail. The Trustee doesn't care about this so long as the payments are coming. They typically care when you don't have a wage deduction (payroll) order and YOU are personally paying late. The Trustee understands how payroll wage orders work and that most business payroll departments handle the special deductions slower.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I've dealt with this as well. I was temporarily laid off last November, so I started making the payments myself out of my unemployment. When I returned to work in January, on my first check I noticed the garnishment had been deducted so I assumed all was well.

Fast forward 2 months, I received a motion to dismiss from the trustee for non payment. I contacted my attorney and sent copies of my last 2 paystubs, he sent them to the trustee and I contacted my employer to have the problem corrected. Moral of the story, until you see the trustee receiving payments from your employer, keep all your paystubs

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X