No announcement yet.

Joined the Chapter 13 club a few days ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys, here is the latest info regarding my chapter 13 case. This message was posted after my Confirmation Meeting.

"The information required by 11 U.S.C. Sec. 521(a)(1) as provided by the debtor(s) in this case is complete to the satisfaction of the trustee. No creditor or other party in interest has filed a request for an order of dismissal pursuant to 11 U.S.C. Sec. 521(i)(2) and the trustee does not believe that this case is subject to automatic dismissal pursuant to 11 U.S.C. Sec. 521(i)."

Based on the above message, is it safe to assume that my plan is confirmed?

Comment

Pretty much tells you that all of your creditors have been notified and if they had any objections to your plan they have surpassed the timeline to respond. However, they can still try to file a motion if they missed the date, but usually the Trustee will disallow their requests. You should be receiving a Confirmation Letter pretty soon. Go to the NDC website and look under the Case Summary Tab. You can see if your plan status is now confirmed on the right hand side of this page.

Comment

Today I received a letter from the Trustee stating that "You are hereby notified that the Confirmation Hearing has been continued to [DATE] at the United States Federal Bankruptcy Courthouse...PLEASE TAKE NOTICE the Court may dismiss the above-referenced case for failure to propose a confirmable plan or for any other reason deemed necessary by the Court without notice."

Is this normal?

Comment

Originally posted by ImNotAlone View Post
          Today I received a letter from the Trustee stating that "You are hereby notified that the Confirmation Hearing has been continued to [DATE] at the United States Federal Bankruptcy Courthouse...PLEASE TAKE NOTICE the Court may dismiss the above-referenced case for failure to propose a confirmable plan or for any other reason deemed necessary by the Court without notice."

Is this normal?
          Continuations for the confirmation hearing are normal, but I never received a continuation letter (mine was continued a few times in order to submit an amended plan), That last sentence seems dire, but I have to believe that attorney, trustee and the court work together most of the time to get these plans confirmed. Some can take many months. As to your OP there will be a confirmation order signed by your judge and that is your official notice. You can check NDC, but you will get the CO itself faster from your attorney or by finding it on PACER, where all court documents get filed.

Comment

I wish you the best of luck. I'm a half a year removed from my discharge, and I'm still standing. The journey through CH13 for me was not stressful at all. The five years came and went. And I just financed (with a decent down payment) a new to me 2014 vehicle that I desperately needed, so now begins rebuilding. You can get through it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X