Finally DISCHARGED!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally DISCHARGED!!!!!

Well folks, after 6 years and one month, $111,000 a lot of stress and sleepless nights we are finally discharged!! I found this site shortly before I filed and so many of you have provided so much useful information. So much so that I was able to school my attorney on Lanning, mortgage stripping and other issues throughout my case and I am thankful to you all! JustBroke, LadyintheRed, Despritfreya...thank you all so much your help!!!

To those starting out...it's not easy, but stay the course and you will see the light at the end of the tunnel!! As justbroke says, "life happens" and it really did in my case, but I am thankful for every bump along the way! We paid off a lot of debt, stripped a $45K 2nd mortgage and modified our first mortgage. I finished my master's degree and even added two extra kids to the family during these years!!! At times we were pretty broke but we never missed a meal and we still managed to take some kind of family vacation every year.

I am truly looking forward to rebuilding my savings, 401K, the kids college fund and our credit!!! And maybe even to save up for the European vacation my husband has always wanted to go on!!!
    Filed Chapter 13 with lien strip on 2-28-11 * 341 held on 3-30-11 * First confirmation hearing held 4-20-11, continued until 5-25-11, continued until 6-29-11, continued until 8-10-11. Plan finally confirmed on 8-10-11!!!

Congratulations!!!! Take a deep breath and start enjoying your new life
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

A very big CONGRATULATIONS

6 years Too ,I though 5 yr's was bad.

Comment

Awsome and an inspiration, thank you!!

Comment

lukesky stole my words!

You are truly an inspiration to others. I hope you stick around and participate and help others, just as those who came before you. Drop in from time to time, let us know how it's going and how your "fresh" start is treating you!

Congratulations! You know that I LOVE Chapter 13 discharge parties!
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Congratulations!!!

Comment

Congrats! Just got my discharge letter today too! I commend you for enduring that for 6 years; I was lucky to pay mine off early. Good luck going forward!

Comment

Congrats! Woo hoo! You did it! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸŒΈπŸŒΈπŸŒΊ
                Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Congratulations. An extremely huge milestone!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X