No announcement yet.

Home Mortgage not being reported on 2 out of 3 Credit Reports with Wells Fargo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Mortgage not being reported on 2 out of 3 Credit Reports with Wells Fargo

My mortgage company stated that I need to "REAFFIRM" my mortgage however my attorney stated that I do not reaffirm a mortgage in a Chapter 13 because we re-organized our debts, paid all mortgage arrears. This is only required for a Chapter 7? So how do I get Wells Fargo to report to all three? I am just a few weeks away from discharge.

You don't reaffirm a mortgage in a Chapter 13. If you kept and paid throughout the Chapter 13 then it was technically reaffirmed. Most creditors must wait until your case is discharged (and closed). Some may also want a letter from the debtor's attorney which removes them from any future issues related to a "violation" of the permanent discharge injunction.

I would wait until a couple of months after discharge and/or closing and see if they start automatically reporting. If they don't, then you can contact their bankruptcy department (which would have details about how they report and don't report).
    Last edited by justbroke; 05-05-2017, 06:42 PM.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks JB! Just beginning the "CLEAN UP" our credit reports and watching what stays and get reported and drops off.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X