Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 7

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the site. This is my first post. I just filed chapter 7 on October, 11 2019. I have my 341 meeting on November, 20 2019. I'm nervous about that! But I've read alot of stuff on here that makes me a little more relaxed. I have been unemployed since moving from Hawaii to Oregon in 2017. My children's father takes care of all of my needs. I don't have any real assets, just some personal items, such a smartphone, macbook air, handbags, clothes/shoes. Pots and pans. That's really about it. I currently have 23k in debt. Mostly credit cards. One loan through Avant. I have a Zales and Kay jewelers card as well < worried about these as they will probably want the jewelry back that was purchased as gifts for xmas and bdays, which they are entitled to> All of my accounts are past due. My boyfriend tried to keep up with my payments but it just became to much especially with me being unemployed therefore we stop paying my bills in 2018. With all of this being said do you think I will have a smooth 341 meeting and discharge? Thank you for taking the time to read this.

It should go fine. I had over $20k in credit card and personal loans. I also had charge accounts with balances. We got my now engagement ring from Kays, I wore my ring in but stuck it in my purse while in court just in case they wanted it back. I guess I was paranoid and overthinking. Non of my creditors was there to collect. It was a room with 30+ people filing and only 1 Representative from a Credit Union who was there for someone who had filed. My 341 was smooth and I believe yours will be too! The judge asked everyone the same two questions, for there phone number and if they sold any property. Your lawyer will take the stand with you just in case a representative from a creditor would be there.

Comment

Hello Kc247, thank you for your reply. I'm glad yours went smooth. How long ago was your 341 meeting? I actually filed pro se because I'm an no asset case and I felt like I didnt need to pay a lawyer when my case isn't difficult, if that makes sense.

Comment

The 341 meeting got started at 9am. They call your name and you have to stand in front of the judge. I was like the 7th person they called. I was back at my car at 9:15am lol. My attorney did meet me in the hallway to tell me I had to complete the online pre-recorded video on the cfefa website. (I’m not sure if this has to be done in your state or not)

Comment

There was other people who named was called before mines with no attorney present and theirs still were smooth sailing. The only thing I didn’t ask the attorney is when would my actual discharge date be. I think it’s 60 days from the 341 meeting. I’ve already got started with a credit rebuilder loan which my attorney said was fine to do.

Comment

best of luck on your meeting hope you'll have a good outcome

Comment

Hi

After over 5 years of an open asset case, I finally received my closing. The question I have is I received the trustee's final account and distribution report and it states Assets abandoned $$$ (which is cash) without deducting any secured claims. Could someone tell me please what this means?

Comment

tlee I wish I could answer your question. Maybe you should make a whole another post so that everyone else can see it. Sorry, I am no help.

Comment

Thank you so much sanzu

Comment

Today was the day! I was so nervous once I got in the meeting room. There was only myself (pro se) and another woman with an attorney. The woman went first which for some odd reason didn't make me feel any better. Lol! My hearing took literally 3 minutes. She asked me who do I live with and if I'm on the deed or put any money to the house. I said no. All of the questions were yes and no. I was shaking and she could tell I was nervous. But she smiled at me a lot, I guess to make me relax. I shaked all the way until I got to my car. None of my creditors showed up! My debts are with Avant, Capital one, credit one, first premier, zales, kay jewelers, one medical bill, Verizon, paypal credit, barclay and old navy. 23k in debt. I'm officially apart of the 60 day crew! Thank you Jesus!!!

Comment

That’s awesome, you got it over with!

Comment

I’m glad your meeting went well!!!

Comment

Trishacastro I’m glad your meeting went well!!!

Comment

kc247 thanks dear! 🥰

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X