Payroll Deduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payroll Deduction

Hello! I just found this group but my chapter 13 should be paid in full this week. I was wondering how long it typically takes before they stop taking payments out of my paycheck. I am so excited to done with all of tjis.

Thank you for your response 😊

As a rule, it's very quick. Your trustee's office will send an order to stop the deduction. Now having said that, I've heard a few people have the deduction take a little longer to stop, but usually it's quick. Congratulations!! You're close to the finish line!
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Congrats!!!! Mlj9979
      I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

Thank you so much! I'm definitely looking forward to having it completed 😊

Comment

Originally posted by Mlj9979 View Post
          Hello! I just found this group but my chapter 13 should be paid in full this week. I was wondering how long it typically takes before they stop taking payments out of my paycheck. I am so excited to done with all of tjis.

Thank you for your response 😊
          I can't tell you specifically, but I can say Congratulatikons.

Actually, I would talk to my attorney pronto. Make sure that you understand the process. The process is either that your attorney has to file a motion to vacate the wage deduction order (WDO), or it's done by the Trustee. Also find out how quickly the Trustee typically files the WDO motion, if it's their responsibility.

I just finished mine in August.

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X