Phone Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phone Interview

Have any of you had a phone interview before your 341 meeting? I have one coming up soon and curious what to expect. My attorney said I should review my paperwork several times before the interview.

Originally posted by skyoumans View Post
    Have any of you had a phone interview before your 341 meeting? I have one coming up soon and curious what to expect. My attorney said I should review my paperwork several times before the interview.
    A phone interview with whom? I did not have one with anybody.
    Latent car nut.

Comment

I haven't myself...but hopefully someone who has will respond. I'm sure your attorney just wants to make sure you're prepared for any questions that may come up during the 341.
      Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

In a few districts the Chapter 13 Trustees will have phone interviews before the 341 Meeting. While it's not common in my district, there have been several members on BKforum that mentioned them. I have not had such an interview by phone.

Here's a post (and thread) where the BKforum member had a pre-341 Meeting interview by phone: https://www.bkforum.com/forum/before...971#post519971

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by skyoumans View Post
          With your lawyer? Maybe they just want to go over some stuff with you?

I was also stressing before with our 341 meeting but it was quick and we were not asked something that wasn't in the BK filing.

Comment

Originally posted by Witchywitch View Post

With your lawyer? Maybe they just want to go over some stuff with you?

I was also stressing before with our 341 meeting but it was quick and we were not asked something that wasn't in the BK filing.
            This will actually be with someone in the chapter 13 office. I don’t think it will be the trustee though it spossible

Comment

Here's a post (and thread) where the BKforum member had a pre-341 Meeting interview by phone: https://www.bkforum.com/forum/before...971#post519971
              Thank you!

Last edited by justbroke; 02-29-2020, 08:41 PM. Reason: [moderator fixed quote tags only]

Comment

skyoumans - just have all your filing info at your fingerprints and honestly answer questions that are asked of you. Will your attorney be on the call? You might want to check with him/her. If not, ask if he/she should be.
                Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Originally posted by sophieanne View Post
                  skyoumans - just have all your filing info at your fingerprints and honestly answer questions that are asked of you. Will your attorney be on the call? You might want to check with him/her. If not, ask if he/she should be.
                  No, he will not be there for this. They gave me a call window of 8:30-11 so I guess I will get real familiar with my paper work.

Comment

skyoumans - did your attorney at least let you know what you might expect during the call. Hopefully it's just a few easy clarification questions. When is the call scheduled for?? Please let us know how it goes..good luck
                    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Originally posted by sophieanne View Post
                      skyoumans - did your attorney at least let you know what you might expect during the call. Hopefully it's just a few easy clarification questions. When is the call scheduled for?? Please let us know how it goes..good luck
                      I will definitely let you know. He just told me to read over my information 2-3 times to be familiar with it and that it would take 15-20 minutes.

Comment

skyoumans - sounds like a simple procedure your trustee does; as long as your prepared, I'm sure it will go smoothly
                        Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

I had my phone interview on Friday with the trustee’s office. It went well and last for about 15 minutes. He asked about my address and the people in my household. He asked who drove which cars and about my longevity I get 1 x per year. He also asked why my husband did not file with me. I guess my first answer to that question did not satisfy him because he asked me again before getting off of the phone. My first answer was that h did not want to with his job and my second answer was that our attorney reported it may not be necessary if he did not have that much debt. He also asked about my car insurance. I guess because it is so high due to having a 16 year old driver.

They said my 341 meeting that was to take place on the 6th has now been continued to 5/15 due to covid-19. He was not sure if I would need to go to the meeting or if they would do the meetings by telephone.

Comment

Hi...sounds like it went well 😀 Good luck going forward...and stay safe where you are! Thanks for the update.
                            Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X