New job at finance company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New job at finance company

I was offered a job at a finance company today and I accepted. They are running a background check that probably includes a credit check. My new job entails prequalifying people for loans, taking payments, and collection calls. Do you think my bankruptcy will affect my new job opportunity?

I assume that your case was discharged and your credit report is clear of all late payments and such? If so you should be okay unless it requires a certain series certification or licensing requirements, then you'll just need to meet those. Generally it shouldn't be an issue. I hold a couple of security clearances and have had no issues. Banking can be a little different. Maybe someone else will chime in that has worked in bankruptcy. I have worked in banking (fingerprinted) while in an active bankruptcy but I didn't handle payments or cash.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks for your insight. I think cash handling will be minimal. I’ll mostly be processing loan applications and making collection calls. I’m just nervous. I lost my job last week and really need this one.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X