Length of time from filing to confirmation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Length of time from filing to confirmation

I have followed this forum for awhile. We filed in June of 2019 and have still not confirmed due to various objections, etc. Is this normal?? Our attorney is very lax about it...and tells us not to worry...but I just want to get this thing confirmed. We've paid in almost a year, and I don't want to have to refile and start the 5 year mark all over!!!!

Each State and District is different, but my confirmation took 8 months. It is typical for most districts for Chapter 13 Plan confirmation to take 6-12 months. The Chapter 13 confirmation process is very lax. The reason is that they have to resolve all issues before confirming the plan. This is why they wait such a long time to make sure all claims come in and that all issues (cram downs, motions to value, lien strips, objections) are taken care of.

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

justbroke - Will the 8 months waiting on the confirmation go towards your 5yrs? I’m in Miami, Florida. I wasn’t aware it took so long.

Comment

In Florida, the commitment period is measured from your first payment date. So if you've been paying for 8 months in a 5-year plan, then you only have 52 months to go! Florida is easily 6-12 months.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I know that all states/districts can be different. In WA state, I filed in July and was confirmed the same day of my 341 which was 2 months later.
          Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
          Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X