Discharge delayed ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharge delayed ??

Hello! We completed our 5 Yr Chapter 13 plan in January. Our trustee didn't disburse our final payment to creditors until early March. Does that mean that the audit won't happen until all creditors have cashed the checks? The discharge seems to be taking forever. I'm disappointed that 2 months went by until final payment was made. I feel like that has caused a delay in the discharge. Now with the Coronavirus I'm concerned that this will take even longer. I know many court hearings have been postponed. Does the discharge require a hearing with the Trustee or is it just paperwork that his office will submit. Just wondering if this discharge could happen soon or could this continue for months? This waiting is unbearable!

Congratulations!

Until the Trustee actually finishes all disbursements, they will not file the final report and audit. It usually takes 60-90 days from the last checks to the case closing. However, they should have already filed a notification that the plan payments have been completed, which would trigger the discharge.

My last payment was in May, the discharge at the very end of August, and the case closed in October.

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thank you! I know I'm getting close. If my case has a similar timeline as yours, I will hopefully get my discharge next month........fingers crossed. I'm so anxious to have this closed and I check Pacer almost daily. I can't wait for a status update. Hope it happens soon!!

Comment

I cannot speak for Florida, but here in New Hamster things seem to move fairly quickly; my final payment made it into the Tennessee lock box on 05-Feb and was recorded on NDC as of 07-Feb. My discharge was put into effect on 05-Mar even though the final disbursement wasn't completed until 10-Mar. Even still, I'm not holding my breath for the Closing given the whole COVID-19 thing.
        Latent car nut.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X