Mortgage payment after Ch. 13 discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mortgage payment after Ch. 13 discharge

Hello! We just received our Chapter 13 discharge! We were paying our mortgage payment outside of the ch13 plan. While we were in active bankruptcy our payment history was removed from the credit report. We never had a late payment, prior to bankruptcy or during the plan. Now that the discharge has been issued, will the bank automatically start showing payment history again or will I need to initiate that? With the Covid-19 closures I wasn't able to speak with anyone at my credit union today about this. If you have gone through a similar situation could you tell me how this process works? Since we were never late we'd like this to show on the credit report to hopefully boost our score some. We are in Florida if that makes a difference. Hank you!

Hi....@Justbroke may be able to confirm this, being from Florida. In my case (WA state)...my payment started reporting after the case fully closed. The discharge happened and then approximately 2 months later the case closed (because of behind the scenes work the trustee does, verifying checks have been cashed..something you don't need to be even concerned about). My bank was very helpful and explained they needed confirmation from the court that the case had fully closed before they could start reporting. I too, was paying my mortgage on my own (even though you've been paying, it's still part of the bk estate). Congratulations on your discharge!
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

My loan was discharged in a Chapter 7, so I don't know.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X