We worry too much

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We worry too much

Before BK I had so much anxiety about many things. One of these things was my daughter who was in college, getting close to graduation. She actually graduated two days before our 341 meeting.

When I bought a car for her to use a few years before we even thought about BK I could not qualify for the loan. She was put on the loan and between the two of us we got the loan. I had planned on paying for the car and part of the reason I took out an option life insurance plan at work was incase something happened to me she could pay off the car.

I was so stressed with BK since I did not want her to be dragged into the process or for the status of that loan to effect her credit which she was just establishing with a credit card $500 limit that the man at the bank was nice to give her as she worked very limited hours while in college and her debt looked too big since the car was on it!

I told my attorney and he didn't see any problems with it and said he could take care of it. But I still worried.

Now it's just over two years later and my daughter has been out of college for 2 yrs, worked a few low paying internships before she could get a "real job" with a decent salary (which has been cut due to the corona/economy--but at least she could work from home).

Today she bought a car on her own, no co-signer. Her credit score is 723. Her credit has been the one bank credit card, student loan and an installment loan for some furniture. She wanted to pay it in full after two months, I told her to use the auto payments and let it be paid over 6 months for credit score purposes. She had only applied for the credit because her debit card would not go through for the online purpose (too high amount for single transaction even though she had the $).

I am so glad that our financial problems did not drag her down!

And I am also happy because, some of you may remember we had 3 cars and one died unexpectedly. We have been sharing two cars among three of us for about a year. It's not easy at all. It was workable based on the fact my husband and I work in the same general area, but not a direct path to both jobs. Now we are a three car family and won't have to juggle who is driving when and where.
    I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Carmella - Hi! You and your family have worked hard and made good decisions which are paying off 😃. Hopefully as things start coming around to a new normal, your daughter’s hours will increase and you will get through your plan with few, if any bumps. I hope things are going ok for you and your husband.
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

You are right! We do worry to much. I’m certainly more calm having the opportunity to reset the financial situation. Appreciate that everyday .

Comment

I'm glad your situation is finally working out for you guys and you'll be able to have that second car you have needed since your other car died last year (?) You can relax a little at last.
        In our case this BK13 has been a never ending series of medical and financial stressors, starting with the mystery inflammation that gripped my body for around 6 months after we filed in Feb.2017. This year alone, we have had to shell out over 5K in expenses not normally a part of our budget!

( $3000 between income taxes and escrow shortage (to keep our ballooning mortgage payment and solar panel lease to an amount we can still pay (under $2600!) It is no wonder I loathe Colorado ( the climate, the "culture" and most of all, spending so much of my life being financially ripped off since Oct. 2014.) And on top of that, my husband had to scramble to find another job (again!) this year after being laid off last year in January! And about this time our two old cars both broke down one after the other! See my other post about that!) I am still getting weekly chiro and Pt treatments but I am so locked up from this PTSD BK13 (all I want out of life is to complete this wretched BK13 ,sell this gradually eroding house and solar panel lease, and leave!) that I am not getting better. I will probably have to have a elective but still serious surgery later this year and am fearful about known side effects. (We will owe $$$$$ as well!) Due to Covid-19, only one Chuze gym is allowed to reopen, and the Vasa across the street from me is likely never going to be allowed to reopen, so now I will have to join there and drive a little further to get in better shape before the operation (the Colorado governor is pushing outside activities in the heat and sun - he even tried to reopen the ski lodges in May but it's now already almost 90 every day so that won't happen LOL!)
        I did get a skin check up and I was so relieved not to have skin cancer! (The doctor, a pale blonde ,complimented me on my very fair skin and commended me on how religiously I have protected my whole body. She thought cloudy,"rainy" Portland or Seattle would be ideal for my coloring! (If I can only get out of Colorado for Good! )
        Last edited by Barbisi; 06-01-2020, 10:27 AM.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X