11 months out from Chapter 13 plan end- what to expect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11 months out from Chapter 13 plan end- what to expect

My last payment is May 27, 2021. I’m in chapter 13. What should I expect at this point? I signed up for Usps informed mail delivery and see I have a letter coming to me from my trustee and it looks like it says “closing audit for case...” but I feel like it’s too soon for that since I still have 11 months to go?

Hmmm, interesting, I didn't get the closing audit for my Chapter 13 until May of this year, about 10 weeks after my case was discharged. I cannot imaging how a closing audit can be started, much less completed, before all of your money has been collected by the Trustee and distributed to your creditors.
    Latent car nut.

Comment

Do you have access to Pacer? If so you will be able to see the status of your case. Are you in a 100 percent payback plan? If so, are you aware if all your creditors filed? It may be that you are actually done. I would check pacer or contact your attorney. My case closed 1 year ahead of plan as a large creditor didn’t file and i paid a little extra sometimes. I have to ask, just out of curiosity, did you actually open your mail? I have the same USPS service you do...I’ve seen the mail but not the content 😊. Hoping good news is waiting for you.
      Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. sophieanne- no, my case is (I think, I need to double check) 32% payback. I'm still waiting for the mail to be delivered, but in the usps informed delivery I saw a picture of the envelope. Looks like the letter wasn't folded to where only my address and name shows- which is why I could see a portion of what the letter pertains too. I thought pacer was only for attorney's so I have never accessed that site. Is it easy to navigate? I always use the NDC site which shows my case is still active. I just get super nervous whenever I get any letter from the trustee. I guess I wasn't expecting anything from them until next year closer to my last payment date... I've been so diligent with my case- on time payments, submitting tax returns and refunds, notifying my attorney of any changes to my income to see if I need to file an amendment to increase my plan payment. I'm hoping the letter is actually good news or just an update. If anything were to go wrong with my case at this point, I'm not sure what I would do...

There was one thing in my case that was kind of weird. I filed a motion to amend my payment- essentially increasing it- a year ago. The trustee/judge never responded. My attorney followed up three different times and no reply. I think I will be filing updated schedules again and another motion to amend/increase my payments. Hopefully the court/trustee will respond either way... I don't want that to come up a an issue in May 2021 when I am done with my payments...

Comment

cg2021, with the exception of the annual demand for my tax return statement, and then any subsequent demands for refunds over $1,250, I didn't get anything from my Trustee until after my final payment where he said something like I was eligible for a discharge.
          Latent car nut.

Comment

Hi...pacer is easy to access and has the official up to date case status which NDC doesn’t. If I was you I would wait a day or two for that envelope to arrive. Don’t worry...the trustee is not someone to be afraid of...especially since you’ve always done the right things regarding your case 😀. Let us know what that letter says...I’m keeping my fingers crossed that you’re getting good news.
            Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
            Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X