Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would someone list themselves in the creditor matrix

I came across this filing:

You will note in the creditor matrix , the person lists themselves.

This filing was done with an attorney.

What would be rational for doing this? Mistake?

To receive all notifications. It's probably what we call a hack. As I wrote in a different thread, the mailing matrix is different than a Scheduled creditor. The matrix is for notification only. That's actually a pretty good hack as the debtor would receive all court notices.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
      To receive all notifications. It's probably what we call a hack. As I wrote in a different thread, the mailing matrix is different than a Scheduled creditor. The matrix is for notification only. That's actually a pretty good hack as the debtor would receive all court notices.
      So its a free way to get updates on the case by US mail?

Comment

Originally posted by bornfree2 View Post
        So its a free way to get updates on the case by US mail?
        Yes. But if you're Pro Se, there's a better way. If you ask the clerk of the court, they'll let you subscribe to any service on you personally. For each notice or paper served on you, the service will send you a one-time link via an email. That link allows you to pull the document from PACER for absolutely free (none of the regular costs). Just save the PDF to your case folder (on your computer or cloud-based storage), and then you can look at it all the time you want.

The nice thing is that you get instant notification -- depending on which notification type you select -- of anything on the docket that's served on you.

Most (bankruptcy) courts will highly encourage the Pro Se to sign up for the electronic notification service. The service is known as the Electronic Bankruptcy Noticing (EBN) service and is what is actually used for all electronic notifications including electronic service. (The other unknown fact is that the EBN is actually the service that sends out all paper bankruptcy notices issued by the court.)

You can sign up here... https://bankruptcynotices.uscourts.gov/
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
          Yes. But if you're Pro Se, there's a better way. If you ask the clerk of the court, they'll let you subscribe to any service on you personally. For each notice served on you, the service will send you a one-time link via an email. That link allows you to pull the document from PACER for absolutely free (none of the regular costs). Just save the PDF to your case folder (on your computer or cloud-based storage), and then you can look at it all the time you want.

The nice thing is that you get instant notification -- depending on which notification type you select -- of anything on the docket that's served on you.

Most (bankruptcy) courts will highly encourage the Pro Se to sign up for the electronic notification service. The service is known as the Electronic Bankruptcy Noticing (EBN) service and is what is actually used for all electronic notifications including electronic service.

You can sign up here... https://bankruptcynotices.uscourts.gov/
          I love you. When this is all said and done... imma amazon/paypal gift you!

Comment

Pay it forward. Stick around and help other people. That's the best reward for me.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X