30 down, 30 to go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 down, 30 to go!

Feel like we hit a milestone this week when I mailed our 30th payment to the trustee....................

Halfway there!!!!!!

Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, at least a little "woo hoo"

K
    You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

Congratulations!! Every milestone deserves a pat on the back!
    Chapter 13 Filed: 2/7/07 Confirmed: 5/1/07 Discharged: 3/2/2012 Closed: 6/2/2012
    130 out of 130 bi-weekly payments DONE
    100% Completed

Comment

Yeah!!!!! Keep up the good work!
      Filed 6/2005
      Last Payment 10/2008
      Discharge..... 11/2008

Comment

That is a WOO HOO

Comment

I made my 6th payment and thought 10% done, woo-hoo! Can't imagine how excited I'll be when it's up to 50%. You go!
          Filed CH 13 September 17, 2007
          Plan Modified July 8, 2009 from $1100/month to $400/month due to change in income, finally discharged in July of 2013!

Comment

I only wish I knew about this forum back at the beginning of this ride..........Things would have been different. That's for sure.

We filed 10/1/05 - Our attorney was so inundated with folks on a mad dash to file before the laws changed, that we were pretty much rushed through the process. If I had known then what I know now.....I probably could have gotten our payment lowered. Oh well..... Guess we shouldn't complain too much. We got a good trustee who leaves us alone. Our financial picture has changed quite a bit since we filed, but for the better. So all in all, I guess I can't complain.
            When I look at some of the budget amounts now, I am shocked at what we agreed to. For example $400/mo for food doesn't go very far for a family of 3, especially when you have a teenage son.
            You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

Comment

Congrats. I just got our trustee's semi annual report and if all goes well, that will be the last semi annual report I get from him. Good luck!!

Comment

Yay! Keep it up! Next thing you know you'll be sending in the last payment and then it's like, all of a sudden, the world got brighter and sharper.

It did for me! (even though it WAS winter and I DO wear glasses! )
                Chapter 13 Filed "Old Law"
                Filed: 6/2003 Confirmed: 3/2004
                Early pay off sent: 10/05/2007 - 9 months early
                11/16/2007 - Discharged!

Comment

Originally posted by krielly View Post
                  Feel like we hit a milestone this week when I mailed our 30th payment to the trustee....................

Halfway there!!!!!!

Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, at least a little "woo hoo"

K
                  I know exactly how you feel!!!!
                  sigpicPersevere: "To continue a course of action, in spite of difficulty, opposition or discouragement."

Chapter 13: Discharged 03/15/2010. Closed 05/19/2010::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

congratulations....keep on plugging

Comment

Halfway there - what sweet words those are to us 13ers! Congrats, kr - we're glad you did find us and are staying on to help so many others here.

We're eight months behind you (filed June 2006) so we'll be celebrating our halfway point right around Christmas this year. Looking forward to that family present to ourselves!

So happy you are halfway home - may the last 30 months go quickly and quietly for your family!
                      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

23 down, 35 to go here......

It will be 6 months until I am halfway there, 29 down, 29 to go.

So I will be yahoo-ing in September. Although there is a mini-yahoo every month that ticks down....

:-)

Comment

That's marvelouis! Keep the positive attitude, keep all those payments on time to the Trustee and all your other bills, utilities, etc. and it will pay off well at the finish line. Believe me, there is light at the end of the tunnel. There is great help on here; I joined way to late and wish I had known this forum existed before and when we filed (not sure if it was around in 2002...). I only occasionally went to a few bad boards online and got wrong advice and putdowns that we filed.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X