The Word (can't)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Word (can't)

i'm new here on this great forum and i keep seeing folks use that word CAN'T. i CAN'T afford another $100 a month, i CAN'T do this, i CAN'T do that, i CAN'T afford to fix this, my car CAN'T make it for five years, CAN'T, CAN'T, CAN'T. at some point the word CAN better come into play. i have an almost impossible 13 ahead of me which is in a trustee objection right now and no matter what, i have to do what comes my way. CAN i do it? we will see, but i'm not using that word CAN'T. this was not intended to offend anyone on here.

13bound....I think that is a normal statement for anyone faced with the unknown or just plain scared of the unknown. "I can't possibly get through this Chapter 13 plan...there's just no way we can live on that amount of money!" Well, believe it or not one finds a way and it can be done. You have to completely turn your life around, change your life and your lifestyle to do it and it's hard for anyone on a fixed income to budget when they are not used to doing so or how to save and cut spending to get through the rises and dips in costs during that time. Chapter 13 is learning to do without and some people just "can't" get used to that idea. It was hard for us and we did an entire year of doing without and cutting back prior to filing. But if one wants to keep that house they will learn to find that extra $10 for gas to get them to work...

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Hi 13bound:

I know; it was always preached to me as a child: "can't never did anything".

So, a better reponse may be: "it isn't working this way; let's make these adjustments and see how it works." If in the next month other adjustments need to be made, then do them!!
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

"can't never did anything".

I am going to use that Can't phrase with my kids for the REST OF THEIR LIVES.

Thanks, I will also tell MY pastor about that one.
        Very fortunate in the grand scheme of things but have learned my lesson.

Filed 12/15/08, 341 1/12/09, Cont to 2/12/09, cont to 3/12/09, cont to 4/15/09, cont to 5/11/09, cont to 6/02/09. Discharged 9/16/09, Closed 10/23/09

Comment

That is cute.

The one that cracks me up is "why me."

"This always happens to me......."
          "With my luck, .............."
          "Since everything bad always happens to me.............."

Does anyone else ever notice this in postings, or is it just "me"?

Comment

Originally posted by fltoo View Post
            Does anyone else ever notice this in postings, or is it just "me"?
            I can't.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

rofl!

one thing's for sure, we can always do something different. that's the best part of life, in my opinion. it can't be dumb to try something else/new/different when what you've been doing is obviously not working.
              Filed 7/28/08, Discharged 10/29/08
              (filed pro se: nonconsumer no asset CH7)

Comment

Food for thought...everyday we have choices on how we think, feel, respond or REACT to every situation...I guarantee if you think you can't, you can't, if you think you can, you can. It's a state of mind and how we choose to go through things. It's not what happened to us, it's how we deal and respond to what happens to us. It's all a choice. I just try to focus on finding a solution to things...it sure beats focusing on the problems!

One thing is for sure...this forum is great, informative, and allowing everyone to express what they need to. Some days I want to cry scream, others, I smile and am always thankful for all those who give so much!!

bk22

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
                  Hi 13bound:

I know; it was always preached to me as a child: "can't never did anything".

So, a better reponse may be: "it isn't working this way; let's make these adjustments and see how it works." If in the next month other adjustments need to be made, then do them!!
                  Hey AngelinaCat!

My mom always said that to me too! ("can't never did anything") - exactly the same words! Maybe we are related somewhere back in the line - haha!

PoorGrammy
                  Filed Ch 7 -- July 9, 2008
                  341 mtg ---- August 14, 2008
                  Discharged ---- October 17, 2008
                  Closed --------- December 11, 2009!

Comment

Originally posted by bkrelief22 View Post
                    Food for thought...everyday we have choices on how we think, feel, respond or REACT to every situation...I guarantee if you think you can't, you can't, if you think you can, you can. It's a state of mind and how we choose to go through things. It's not what happened to us, it's how we deal and respond to what happens to us. It's all a choice. I just try to focus on finding a solution to things...it sure beats focusing on the problems!

One thing is for sure...this forum is great, informative, and allowing everyone to express what they need to. Some days I want to cry scream, others, I smile and am always thankful for all those who give so much!!

bk22
                    OK, the big guns come in: Doing the same thing you/me/we, have been doing makes us what? Looney(Am I crazy? No in the scheme of things, we are the last of the line with no progeny to pass this to.) The private cemetery would then become overgrown, and the County would take it after we passed. We moved our people to our homestead that long ago we put into a Trust with the State as a park. I honestly busted my @$$ and feel very well about what we did. No parking lot over our heritage. I could not believe I COULD. I lied about running a Cat 420, but in an hour I could pick up a dime with it.

Moral of the story? Rely on no one but yourself. Do it because you have to. Ergo, you CAN!WE CAN! 'Hub and Honey
                    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X