IRS to levy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRS to levy

If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Wow I have been following your threads and was impressed with how you went from a 13 to a 7 and now you got IRS letters and want to go back to 13?

How much is the tax bill? I think i would just pay the tax bill as quick as possible they will work with you and skip the 13

Yes you can freeze interest and penalties in a 13 or u might want to consider staying with the 7 and do a offer in comprimise with the IRS direct... According to my accountant you file an offer in comprimise the date its filed it freezes interest and penalties while Irs reviews the offer... if your bill is 10k offer them $2500 and when u file the offer u have to send 20% down of the 2500 as good faith... if the offer is rejected the 10% is applied to the bill.......... my understanding is that the irs has 12 months to consider the offer and the penalties and interest are frozen for this period......

use this tool to give yourself 12 months... if they reject first offer always file a second and a third no law says you can continue to make offers?
    Last edited by car67; 09-26-2008, 03:39 PM.
    Started in Chapt 13 Switched to Chapt 7 Discharged 2009 Dec.........Filed New Chapt 13 in 2010 to deal with new surgery bill and stripped second mortgage! The story continues

Comment

This is actually really good advice. I was thinking of this, but my Chapter 13 took care of it! (I actually am now talking with the IRS Office of Reconsideration... believe it or not. They are SLOWER than molasses though.)

Follow that link and you'll see what they have there. (That's a business area link, but it's similar for individual taxpayers as far as I know)

Consulting a real tax attorney may be your best bet right now. You may pay less than what you have for a Chapter 13 filing alone. Who knows.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Back up, if your case started as a 13, then was converted to a 7, you won't be able to file another 13, it will get kicked for abuse of system.

Note, these are merely "Final Notice of Intent to Levies" (probably ltr 1058). If I were you, I would exercise your appeal rights and file a CDP request (Collection Due Process) and ask the appeals officer to reinstate the installment agreement. Or, simply call the IRS and reinstate the installment agreement. If they say no, then do the CDP request. No collection activity can take place while the appeal is pending (many months).

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X