top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In your Chapter 13, what Percentage are you paying the Trustee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In your Chapter 13, what Percentage are you paying the Trustee?

I am just curious.

Of all the Chapter 13's filed on this board or intend to file under Chapter 13, what is the percentage you are paying on your debts?

For example is your plan written as 60% on the dollar, 25% on the dollar or 100% on the dollar?

Also:

1. Are you in the 36 month plan or the 60 month plan?
    2. What is the total amount of debt being paid back?

Thanks.
    Filed March 2009

Originally posted by simon2020 View Post
    1. Are you in the 36 month plan or the 60 month plan?
    2. What is the total amount of debt being paid back?
    I'm in a 60 month Plan. I'm paying back some $600-$6,000 to unsecured creditors (at 0.2% to 2.0%). (Depends if the disallowed claims hold.)
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

My plan is estimated to be about 48 months, but I think I'll be done sooner than that as long as my job holds out. I'm paying back 2% to unsecured creditors.
      Filed: 5/22/07; 341 Hearing: 6/27/07;
      Confirmed: 8/13/07; DISCHARGED 4/17/2012

Comment

We are in a 36 month plan, with a 4.457% payback.

Comment

.....but he asked what percentage is going to the trustee.

Comment

Originally posted by ekorB View Post
            .....but he asked what percentage is going to the trustee.
            Re-read the actual posting. While the Title of the thread reads as a Trustee question, the contents of the post reveal 3 questions, which are not about the Trustee percentage fee.

To answer your question, about the Trustee fee... it varies by what is called the Trustee Region (not by District). The U.S. Trustee for the Region sets the percentage rate. In Region 21, my region, it's 7.5%, but the Trustee wants Plans set at 10% in case it varies during the Plan.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

trustee fee and california

Hmmm, I wish my trustee fee was that low. My attorney said here in Southern California, the trustee charges 11%. Does that sound right?

Also, is it true while I am in the 60 month plan, I would be charged an additional 6% interest fee on all my unsecured debt??
              Filed March 2009

Comment

Hmmm, I wish my trustee fee was that low. My attorney said here in Southern California, the trustee charges 11%. Does that sound right?
                Who knows, they do vary across the country. Some are as low as 4% I will add this. A higher Trustee fee really doesn't hurt you as much as it hurts the Unsecured creditors. Example: if my Trustee takes 10%, then my unsecurdes get $600 or 0.2%. If the Trustee takes the 7.5% they are allowed to take, then the unsecured split $6,000 or 2%!!!

Also, is it true while I am in the 60 month plan, I would be charged an additional 6% interest fee on all my unsecured debt??
                You don't pay interest on unsecured debt. However, I have read of several judges that think you have to pay it if you're projected disposable income is more than your total unsecured debt. Fortunately, the latter judges are in the very very very very very minority.

Comment

My trustee take only 2.7%. That's the good news. The bad news is that I'm paying back about 75% of my unsecured debt in my plan.
                  Filed CH 13 September 17, 2007
                  Plan Modified July 8, 2009 from $1100/month to $400/month due to change in income, finally discharged in July of 2013!

Comment

I'm lost, the % that the trustee takes is that based on how much debt you have? What's the % based on?
                    Filed August 09, all payments made as of July 12th, 2013.....Waiting on final audit and discharge!

Comment

The % the trustee takes is a fixed rate set by the judge.

What the trustee gets is a percentage of each payment you make.

So, if the trustee fee is 10%, and you are paying $500 per month, the trustee keeps $50 of that check.

Comment

this is something I can't seem to get nailed down. Is the trustee % added on top of your debt to repay, or is it taken out of the payment? If trustee % is 10% and you owe 60,000 must your plan try to pay back 66,000? or does the plan try to pay back 60,000 and the creditors would only get 54,000 due to trustee taking 6,000?

I see in my plan documents where it says trustee % is 10%, but nowhere do I see that amount factored into the plan payment numbers.
                        May 2008: Filed Chapter 13
                        Jan 2010: Plan Amended and Confirmed! finally plan funds = total funds due!
                        Jul 2013: 5 years done! Trustee set to discharge! Woo hoooo!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X