Home inspections during bk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home inspections during bk

Does anyone know if the Trustee sends someone to do a home inspection while you are in bankruptcy? I filed three weeks ago and haven't had my 341 yet, but I saw someone snooping around my house this morning and he had some papers and was writing things down. I got dressed and went to meet him, but he was gone by the time I got out.

Later, my sister and her baby were visiting and she said there was a guy writing things down as well. He asked her if she lived at the place, or if she was just visiting. She went inside to get me but he was gone when I got out as well.

I dont think a Trustee comes out unless you got an estate like Michael Vick..
    I bet ya $2 the snoop was a process server trying to leave ya notice
    Started in Chapt 13 Switched to Chapt 7 Discharged 2009 Dec.........Filed New Chapt 13 in 2010 to deal with new surgery bill and stripped second mortgage! The story continues

Comment

That's weird... I know that right before we filed there was someone who knocked at the door, we didn't answer, but I watched him from a window and he stood there for the longest time, then he peeked in the car parked in the driveway and was writing things down, then he called us from his car on his cell phone, then drove off... Freaked me out... Came back a few hours later and we took the papers... But they never rang your doorbell? That's strange. I know we got one set of papers served after we filed but I think pretty quick they all they all get the filing information and then they can no longer go after you...

Comment

If you have a mortgage and have been late in the last 30-60 days it could just be a property inspection to make sure that you still live in the home.

I had some guy show up to my house yesterday even though I have worked out a repayment with my mtg to get caught up. He said he was just a property inspector to make sure the house wasn't abandoned and not to "worry". Maybe they thought I moved out and called from a pay phone? ....I tried to position myself in front of the house with a smile and a wave when he stopped on his way down the drive to snap a picture for his "file".

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X