"Bare Bones"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Bare Bones"

Our lawyer filed a bare bones petition today, now this only consist of the creditors that need immediate attention. He told us that in 15 days he is going to add the rest of creditors to this petition. Now my question is What does the Bare Bones do. I know I can ask my lawyer but he is unavailable now.
    Filed Chapter 13 Sept 8 2009
    341 Meeting October 2009
    Converted to Chapter 7 January 2010 due too loss of income. Discharged May 2010

It provides you with, the automatic stay against collection activity. Any litigation, foreclosure, wage garnishment, dunning phone calls and letters are now halted.

Comment

Okay thanks for the feed back.
      Filed Chapter 13 Sept 8 2009
      341 Meeting October 2009
      Converted to Chapter 7 January 2010 due too loss of income. Discharged May 2010

Comment

"Bare Bones" is also known as an emergency petition. This is where you file the "skeleton" of your Bankruptcy Petition and file the rest within 15 days. Your Initial Plan also needs to be filed within that 15 days.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Help please....My 15 days is up in two hours. Can I file a motion for an extension of time?

Comment

Did you contact your lawyer? That would be my first step. Keep us posted.

Comment

Ch. 13 "bare bones" motion for time extension.

Thanks for your speedy response. No lawyer. Filed pro se...looking to buy time to get my act together. Waiting for call back from the court. Thanks again!

Comment

You can ask, but it's at the Court's discretion. This is why I absolutely discourage Pro Se filers from filing emergency petitions. You're either ready to file or not ready to file, in my book. I did file what was technically an emergency petition, but the only thing I didn't file with my original Chapter 13 petition, was my Plan of Reorganization.

If you are only missing your Plan, then it's likely you can get an extension granted, but it will mess with the 341 Meeting since no one will be able to have any sufficient time to review your Plan. If you're missing the majority of the forms and filed a true Emergency Petition... I'm not so sure the Court will be lenient, but I'm not the Court and I don't speak for the Court.
                Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks for your speedy response. No lawyer. Filed pro se...looking to buy time to get my act together. Waiting for call back from the court. Thanks again!

Comment

Thanks JustBroke. I wish I had this site two weeks ago. All schedules are complete...just missing the reorganization plan. Court called and said I can file motion but no guarantee....said I need to have "an order" and that motions must be served on the right parties??? I guess that's why I'm BrainDead. Also that there's a Federal Rule 9006B for time extension. Racing against the clock. Thanks a million!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X