Corporate Amex while in Chapter 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corporate Amex while in Chapter 13

I have an administrative job and it has come to my attention that the company wishes to issue one of the corporate amex cards in my name so that I can books travel etc for our staff that travels. I am 1 1/2 years into a 5 year chapter 13. The bills are mailed to the company and the company pays it. Does anyone know what might happen. Any help would be appreciated. My employer does not know about my bk.

I am a teacher and we have charge cards for classroom supply purchases. It is in my name and the schools name. They also get and pay the bill. I am over 1 year into my plan and nothing has ever come up as an issue. As far as I know my employer doesn't know I filed. I think I am just an authorized user and not the direct debtor. It also doesn't show up on my credit report either!

Comment

Thank you for your reply.....

that gives me some comfort. I have been waking up in the morning in panic attacks!! I just want to get through this and never have a credit card again!!

God bless you

Comment

This can go either way - it just depends on how your corporate card is setup. Currently I have a corporate card that was actually issued to my company and given to me. I have zero responsibility for it and I only see the bill if our Accounts Payable department needs some info on an expense. This was a bank issued Visa.

In my previous position as a consultant I had a corporate card that was issued to me and my employer, but they used my credit to obtain the card and I had responsibility for the payments (which generally got paid out of my expense checks). This was an Am-Ex card.

So all depends on how your employer structures it.

Comment

When my company started to issue corp amex cards in the employees names, with the employees responsible for making the payments, people with bankruptcies were denied. I think you have a better shot if its the company that's responsible for paying.
          May 2008: Filed Chapter 13
          Jan 2010: Plan Amended and Confirmed! finally plan funds = total funds due!
          Jul 2013: 5 years done! Trustee set to discharge! Woo hoooo!

Comment

All the AMEX Corp cards I have had at companies required you personally get approved for it. An officer of the company can override this and quarantee the card - - it's really not that uncommon for this to be necessary :-)

Thankfully my company now uses a Visa from Chase with 0 credit check from me.
            19% dividend

Comment

We have been in our 13 for a year now and it has not affected my husbands corporate Am. Express card what so ever. The card is in his companies name and his name. We get the bill at our house and we pay the bill each month with the reimbusement he gets from the company. We have no issues with this. Our lawyer and our trustee are aware of it.

Comment

Originally posted by MovingForward View Post
                I have an administrative job and it has come to my attention that the company wishes to issue one of the corporate amex cards in my name so that I can books travel etc for our staff that travels. I am 1 1/2 years into a 5 year chapter 13. The bills are mailed to the company and the company pays it. Does anyone know what might happen. Any help would be appreciated. My employer does not know about my bk.
                There are two types of corporate AMEX cards....If you are given an application for the card by your company for you to fill in and sign, your credit will be used to guarantee the card. If you are given a card in your name by the Company and you filled out no application nor provided your SS#/signature, the card is guaranteed for payment by your company and your credit not used. The first one I describe is the most common. With what you describe one would think the staff that travels should utilize their own corporate card for their travel and that information you should have or the travel agency should have for each traveler.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X