Bank Accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank Accounts

I know someone may have posted this but I'm still going to ask what everyone thinks. Going to close my/our checking and savings because my reserve account is on the checking. I will report my December income on my P & L but only deposit the earnings from one job. The rest I will keep in the safe. I just dont want to take the chance with the money I have (repairs, doctor visits.......). Nothing says I have to have a bank account. Right? If they want bank statements I'll give them and if they want my P & L I'll give them.

My wife stopped her direct depost today so if it still goes in the account I will have to remove it. I want to open the new account after Christmas and then put her money & direct deposits (company makes her do it) in that account. I will then put my income in starting in January when my first payment is due.

I know this sounds bad, but I don't want to have money in the accounts until I confirm. What does everyone think?

Doesn't matter if the money is in a bank account or in a safe, its still an asset that needs to be listed. Are you asking if you should hide money from the trustee? If not, i'm not sure I understand the question.
    Filed CH13 - 06/2009
    Confirmed - 01/2010

Comment

I'm not talking about hiding anything. I was told to bring my Dec/Jan bank statements to the 341 meeting. I know it doesn't matter what is in the account at that time because it goes off of the past 6 months and they may not even ask to see them. I owe my bank (checking reserve line) and I just heard it's better not to keep all your money in the bank until you are confirmed.

Being self employed, if they at a later time asked for my profit & loss statements I would show them and they WOULD have my income recorded.
      I would have full disclosure of my income but not deposit all of it in to the bank. I was just asking waht everyone else did or does.

Comment

I recall stories from my grandpappy. He kept his money in a mason jar as many of his era did. Not a lot of people trusted banks. From what I see today... well.. I bought a case of mason jars from Wal-mart last week. It's my right and choice not to use a bank.
        In a perfect world every dog has a home, and every home has a dog.

Comment

That's what I'm saying...... My wife has to do direct deposit so all of her money will go in the new bank account (open after Christmas) to cover bills. Some of my money will also go in to cover bills. The rest of my money will stay out to cover business costs......food....doctor visits...repairs......misc items. If they want proof on income I will show it, just not on my bank statements.

Comment

You see where I messed up was.. (and silly me) I thought BK was suppose to protect the people. Um, me shaking me (((WAKE UP MAN))). Well, maybe it is that way, but in a situation where some one stands to make a percentage of money, based on how much money they can find, is not a good situation to be in. I mean, lets be honest. If the Trustee or UST or even lawyers only got a $1.00 no matter what they find.. I wonder if it all would be different.

Really... does anything think way back when the BK was put into our foundation of our ways of life it was meant as a means for some one else to profit off the means of some ones downfalls?
            In a perfect world every dog has a home, and every home has a dog.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X