top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confirmation paperwork says 36 months but should be 60?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirmation paperwork says 36 months but should be 60?????

Hi all, well we have been in this chapter 13 since may of 2009. Our plan is 75.00 a month for 60 months. Well we were finally confirmed in November and when I received the papers in the mail it states we are paying 75.00 a month for 36 months. Very confused?!?!?

I called lawyers office and talked to assistant and he was perplexed to and said he will check with the lawyer and get back to me. I haven't heard back yet and being that it was the holidays I have not bugged them yet. I am not sure what to think??

-

Did you look it up on PACER or CHAPTER 13 NETWORK ???
    Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
    Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
    Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

Originally posted by nychic74 View Post
      I called lawyers office and talked to assistant and he was perplexed to and said he will check with the lawyer and get back to me. I haven't heard back yet and being that it was the holidays I have not bugged them yet. I am not sure what to think??-
      It's time to bug them. Get on the phone Monday and see what's up.
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Nice payment, keep your fingers crossed, maybe it really is a 36 monther.

Comment

Well I called lawyer again and good thing I did because he forgot to check. So I am still waiting for an answer. I am hoping since it is the paperwork from the judge it is written in stone....that would be sweet!! Thanks for the replies.....

Comment

May I ask what state you are in and what your total unsecured amount was? What a great payment!
            Attorney Retained/Paid: 1-4-10
            Online CCC-Completed & Cert Received: 1-8-10
            Filed Chapter 7 1-18-10.
            341 3-10-10 ~~~ Last Day to Object: 5-10-10

Comment

Sure, I am in NY state and total unsecured was about 65,000. Underwater on the house so we surrendered it.....

Comment

Wow! Makes you wonder why they would bother and not just let you do a chapter 7.

I hope your plan is for 36 instead of 60. That would be great!! Please let us know when you find out.
                Attorney Retained/Paid: 1-4-10
                Online CCC-Completed & Cert Received: 1-8-10
                Filed Chapter 7 1-18-10.
                341 3-10-10 ~~~ Last Day to Object: 5-10-10

Comment

Would of loved a chapter 7 but we had 10,000 equity in our car ,In NY you only get to keep 2500 worth of car. I will let you know, my fingers are crossed!!

Comment

What is the outcome on this?

I just checked the 13network.com and it says 3 years, but paperwork say 60 months

I'm sure it's still 60 but 36 would be nice

Comment

No outcome yet, I called lawyer assistant and he forgot to check into it so I told him I would call him next week which would of been today but I did not get a chance to call him back. So Monday first thing I will call and hopefully have an answer.....

Comment

I have read somewhere that if you are under the median the payment period is only 3 years, not 5. Are you under the median for your state?

Comment

I am under median and my Ch 13 is 60 months because that is the only way I could fully fund my plan.

Comment

We are over the medium. I sent an email Friday to our atty's assistant

Comment

I am under the medium.....Hopefully I will get an answer this week....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X