Chap 13 - extra scrutiny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chap 13 - extra scrutiny?

On Jan 12, we filed a Chap 7 petition. While our 12-month annualized income surpasses the threshhold for a family of 4, our deductions/exemptions result in a monthly income of -1,770 on our 22A (and hence, no abuse presumption).

That being said, and since I'm self-employed, what's the likelihood of receiving extra scrutiny from the UST to move us into Chap 13? We've been quite candid in our numbers and have documentation to back up everything.

Originally posted by BigHairyPig View Post
    That being said, and since I'm self-employed, what's the likelihood of receiving extra scrutiny from the UST to move us into Chap 13?
    A question for you.....did you prepare your forms yourself and file without a lawyer (pro se)?

Since you are over the median income for your state, chances are your local and US trustees will show an interest in your case. If you can prove all your expenses, then even the US trustee can't get blood from a turnip. Just be prepared for some extra scrutiny and have solid documentation ready in case you are asked for it.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget