top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in AZ have tax refund issues with direct deposit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone in AZ have tax refund issues with direct deposit?

We filed already and we are getting a small return $300ish. We are not confirmed yet so lawyer told us to send tax return copies to him and trustee in and business as usual and keep the return.

Well we efiled and paid for the state...so you get direct deposit. well the state website says a check was mailed....we wouldn't have paid for efile to do a check.

anyway...do you think the state did this because we filed bk? would they send it to the trustee automatically?

just curious on anyones thoughts...we are in AZ

Filed July 09
    Confirmation - June 2010
    Final Payment - June 2014 - 7/2/14 DISCHARGED

from a post i just read the other day, the trustee really cares less about your tax refund. I can find the post if need be, and you never know because there is more than just 1 in AZ.

Comment

Originally posted by indebt00 View Post
      We filed already and we are getting a small return $300ish.
      You better duck if you see HHM coming, you may get slapped.

But, maybe the warning only applies to the Chapter 7 forum where he posted it. If he meant it to apply to Chap 7 and Chap 13 he would have posted in General Bankruptcy. I'm sure a moderator would always post in the most appropriate forum.

Originally posted by indebt00 View Post
      anyway...do you think the state did this because we filed bk? would they send it to the trustee automatically?
      I agree with O1 that the trustee wouldn't be interested in a $300 refund. But, I suppose it's possible the state automatically sends all refunds to the trustee regardless of the amount and then the trustee decides what to do with it. There are other possibilities. Perhaps you entered your account information incorrectly? Maybe the State's website says the check has been mailed even if it's a direct deposit because nobody noticed the message didn't fit all situations. Have you checked your account for a direct deposit?
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
        You better duck if you see HHM coming, you may get slapped.

But, maybe the warning only applies to the Chapter 7 forum where he posted it. If he meant it to apply to Chap 7 and Chap 13 he would have posted in General Bankruptcy. I'm sure a moderator would always post in the most appropriate forum.

I agree with O1 that the trustee wouldn't be interested in a $300 refund. But, I suppose it's possible the state automatically sends all refunds to the trustee regardless of the amount and then the trustee decides what to do with it. There are other possibilities. Perhaps you entered your account information incorrectly? Maybe the State's website says the check has been mailed even if it's a direct deposit because nobody noticed the message didn't fit all situations. Have you checked your account for a direct deposit?
        refund refund

I have checked no direct deposit yet....but I will give it time. maybe the website does say check when its direct deposit...??

just figured I would ask in case anyone knows...

Filed July 09
        Confirmation - June 2010

Comment

Ok, Ok, I just got a letter about our confirmation...Russell Brown WANTS our tax refund! We will get about $750 and owe the state $1000.....

Comment

I'm in AZ too (Maney is my trustee) and my paperwork says that he wants our refund too. Quick question though (and maybe I should post a new message for my q) is that I sent last years tax paperwork to him but didn't send the refund (didn't realize it last year) and never got a request for that money. It was only a few hundred and I'm guessing if anything he may request that refund at the end of the plan when he looks everything over at the end? I'm hoping we don't have a refund this year!!

Comment

Originally posted by sassiebaz View Post
              Ok, Ok, I just got a letter about our confirmation...Russell Brown WANTS our tax refund! We will get about $750 and owe the state $1000.....
              I saw this in the your other post, sucks I thought after reading these boards that smaller amounts would be ignored....guess notbummer...it would be nice if you could use it to offset the state

we are not confirmed yet and have not heard from trustee yet. told lawyer we were filing and getting $400 back...he told us to send him return and to trustee..which we did. but we spent the $400 already.

Filed July 09
              Confirmation - June 2010

Comment

Originally posted by becky20 View Post
                I'm in AZ too (Maney is my trustee) and my paperwork says that he wants our refund too. Quick question though (and maybe I should post a new message for my q) is that I sent last years tax paperwork to him but didn't send the refund (didn't realize it last year) and never got a request for that money. It was only a few hundred and I'm guessing if anything he may request that refund at the end of the plan when he looks everything over at the end? I'm hoping we don't have a refund this year!!
                so do you just send him the check or how does that work??

Filed July 09
                Confirmation - June 2010

Comment

just to clarify...we got our Fed refund...its the State refund that is in limbo....still don't have it.

Filed July 09
                  Confirmation - June 2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X