401K contribution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

401K contribution

I am going it alone on my chapter 13 (no home ownership, simple W-2 employee paid monthly)...my question is this - as of right now (and over the last 6 months of statements) - I have not made any contributions to a 401K plan at all. Can I start making contributions now and lower the amount of disposable income that I have to pay into my plan?

You can, but it might be questioned by the Trustee. Mine did ask about my 401(k) contributions but didn't object to them -- but the amount has been the same for two years. If you want to try this, it might be worth waiting 4-6 months before you file just so it's less likely to be questioned.
    DH laid off 3/08 | Last mortgage payment 12/09 | Filed Ch13 5/10 | Converted to Ch7 7/10 | 341 held 8/10 | AP filed by secured creditor 10/10 | Ch7 discharged & closed 11/10 | Foreclosure 10/2011

Comment

Do the max company match amount.
      19% dividend

Comment

Thanks to all who responded - just talked to an attorney who confirmed that I should do the same thing. Funny that there's a Billzfan on here and a Billssuck as well

Comment

Originally posted by Billzfan View Post
          Funny that there's a Billzfan on here and a Billssuck as well
          LMAO! Hopefully one of you is from the Buffalo area!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X