GRRRRR @ CarMax & RoadLoans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GRRRRR @ CarMax & RoadLoans

We were trying to get a cheap 2nd vehicle and apparently can't even get financed through either of these places because of their "one car loan per person" rule. Since my husband and I are jointly listed on his vehicle, they won't allow me to get what they consider to be "another" loan. How stupid.
    Filing 7/30/10, 60 month plan, 0% to unsecured creditors

ylime,
    We just tried Roadloans....we were going to trade in a vehicle for a lower priced = lower monthly. Roadloans came back with 24.99% interest. We ended up not doing anything with the loan. But back to your question...both vehicles are jointly owned by my wife and I....

Comment

My husband just tried Road Loans as well. My car completely died on Friday and I'm still at least 3 weeks away from a discharge so I can't be on a loan. We don't know anyone that we can borrow a car or money from, nor can we do public transportation or car pool. It was a $1500 car that got me through a year though.

Sorry to ramble. Anyway. His interest was 21% and $2,000 down. But he would have to also trade in his car which just keeps us in the same predicament. Not to mention every Road Loan "approved" dealer was snarky the whole time. And several of them wanted us to pay their Road Loan fee. No idea yet what I'm going to do come Monday but we aren't going to use that loan.
      Chapter 7
      Filed 4/21/10
      341 6/9/10
      Deadline to file a complaint 8/9/10

Comment

ylime, if I remember correctly you are in CO. Try Peak Kia in Littleton- they handled everything for us just prior to filing. Great car, low $ and a good loan. PM me if you want more details.

Comment

Thanks milehigh - I'll check into them. I really don't want to have to go to a Dealin' Doug place just to get approved. lol
          Filing 7/30/10, 60 month plan, 0% to unsecured creditors

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X