New Job With Higher Salary Offer During Chapter 13 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Job With Higher Salary Offer During Chapter 13 Question

I everyone! I have completed my 341 meeting of Chapter 13 back in March 2010.

My question is: What do I need to do if I get a higher salary job offer at a different company? This company will pay me about $20k more than what I currently make.

Does this mean I have to re-take my means test so they can garnish more out of my paycheck?

Or is it better just to stay at my current job and get $20k less per year?

Thanks in Advance!

Neko

It depends on what your trustee requires. Check with your attorney. With that large an increase, you may need to modify your plan to account for the higher salary and any increased expenses related to the job.

Don't turn down the job just because the salary increase will increase your plan payment. You'll be better off at the end of your BK if you take the higher paid position now.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thank you LadyInTheRed for your reply. I decided to take the new job offer. I will need to talk to my attorney for the modification to my plan. I just hope with the added expenses my salary garish will not be too much.

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
      It depends on what your trustee requires. Check with your attorney. With that large an increase, you may need to modify your plan to account for the higher salary and any increased expenses related to the job.

Don't turn down the job just because the salary increase will increase your plan payment. You'll be better off at the end of your BK if you take the higher paid position now.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X