Need something defined

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need something defined

I'm a little confused. What are the "file" and "confirmation" dates, specifically? Is the file date the day you sign the papers with the attorney, or is it the day the attorney actually sends them on to the courts and the courts show them as received?

How long did your bankruptcy take once you had all your paperwork ready to go?

We're meeting with our attorney on Monday. She's going to take our first payment of $250 and will draw up our proposed plan. If we agree to it, then we pay her the remainder of her fee and she'll file.

I understand that the time between filing and confirmation in Missouri is usually 30-90 days. How much time did it take for your attorney to file, once you signed the papers? How soon after filing did you make your first payment?

Just trying to get a timeline here. Thanks!
    Filed: 11/10; 341: 1/11; Confirmed: 2/11
    49 payments down, 11 to go...

Not a 13 person, but the filing date IS the date your papers are filed with the Court not the attorney. She will not file till paid so your stay will not start till filed. It also depend on when you will be confirmed due to case load and other variables. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

File date refers to the date that your attorney files the completed paperwork with the court. Ours was filed approx 2 weeks after returning it to the attorney, but the delay was purposeful--we had a tax refund that we needed to spend down before filing.

Confirmation is the date that your submitted plan is finalized, meaning that the trustee and your attorney have come to an agreement on the terms, and the judge signs off on the plan.
      Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
      0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

Your payment is due within 30 days of filing the paperwork with the court.
        Discharged 5/2015

Comment

My case was filed in May of 2007, had my 341 meeting in June of 2007, and it was confirmed in August of 2007.
          Filed: 5/22/07; 341 Hearing: 6/27/07;
          Confirmed: 8/13/07; DISCHARGED 4/17/2012

Comment

Thanks Nicollette. I hope mine goes as quickly!
            Filed: 11/10; 341: 1/11; Confirmed: 2/11
            49 payments down, 11 to go...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X