Air Conditioner in trouble- Chapter 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Conditioner in trouble- Chapter 13

My AC is cutting in and out. It has been giving us problems for 2 years now and the tech said you should replace now that he is just putting bandaids on at this point. He said I have 1 year at best(1 year ago). My question is should I get this repaired now or replace it before filing. I do not want to increase the value of my house since I am very close to the appraisal and do not want to mess up the lien strip. I mentioned my AC issues to my atty a few weeks ago and he told us to fix it now( we did not discuss the lien strip issue)
    Will replacing the AC increase the appraisal amount in the trustees eyes? I am really close 1st mort is only 4K more than the appraisal? Should I just repair it now? How will the repair be handled in Chp. 13? Will the trustee think I am playing games with money right before filing? I have 4K to my name and my property taxes are due. I planned to pay for it with my remaing savings. I don't like goign in to BK knowing that I have a big repair coming that is not in the budget. This AC is on life support right now.
    I appreciate any thoughts.

Fix your air conditioner before you file. Your air conditioner is working now (although on its last legs). Fixing it means it will still be working so shouldn't impact your house value very much. Don't install the Cadillac of air conditioners - just one good enough to be reliable and get you though your 13.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget