Confirmed Six days after 341 Meeting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirmed Six days after 341 Meeting?

We filed BK13 on 8/26 and had our 341 Meeting on 10/20. We received a letter stating we were confirmed as of 10/26. The NDC site shows that we are confirmed as well. We are on a 100% payback plan. We surrendered our house (1st and 2nd Mort) and car (after repo'd). It also stated that our creditors had 4 months to respond. I am so confused. As of now we are on a weekly plan that comes out of my husband's payroll check. This was based upon everything except our mortgages. So if they do not sell my house within the 4 months and do not make a claim, can they come back after a deficiency later? Or do they have just within those 4 months. As of now, we are living in the house, but are moving this weekend. We have not been notified of any sale. Are they legally required to notify us of the sale now that we have surrendered?

Every district has different ways of handling confirmation. In my district, we are confirmed or dismissed the day of the 341. Obviously nobody is expecting any objections to your plan. The house is included in the BK, they cannot come after you for a deficiency balance. What will likely happen is that the claim for your house will be adjusted to show the appropriate secured/non secured status.

Comment

during the time you are waiting for your plan to get confirmed, you would continue to make the payment the lawyer told you, correct?
      Ch 7 filed 8/15/11 341 9/22/11 Discharge 11/28/11
      The rebuilding begins

Comment

Originally posted by jetsfan2010 View Post
        during the time you are waiting for your plan to get confirmed, you would continue to make the payment the lawyer told you, correct?
        Yes. Our trustee has all payments come out of my husband's payroll checks. We had to make the first payment since it did not come out. We are making weekly payments. We are showing confirmed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X