Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mortgage Lender filing for Relief from Automatic Stay

Hi everybody,

I filed for Chapter 13 in March 2010. I have since fallen behind 2 months on my mortgage, and I received a notice of final hearing today stating that the lender had filed for relief from the automatic stay. What do I do...is there anything I can do? Should I contact my lender myself or deal only with my attorney?

Thanks for your input!

I am no expert but I can anticipate you will get LOTS of responses telling you to contact your attorney immediately. That is what you paid them for. I am sure if there is anything that can be done, the attorney will need to be involved. I honestly doubt the lender would probably discuss it with you anyway knowing you are represented and would not want to violate the law. I will let everyone else with more experience chime in now. Good luck to you!
    Chapter 13 Filed November 10, 2010 Indiana - Southern District - United States Seventh Circuit
    Attended 341 hearing 12/15/2010

Comment

Well, they are going to try to foreclose on you... I believe this is why they want the stay lifted. As said above, contact your attorney immediately.
      My kids better not put my FICO score on my headstone~ (quote by dspii)

Comment

good luck to you
        Ch 7 filed 8/15/11 341 9/22/11 Discharge 11/28/11
        The rebuilding begins

Comment

Contact your attorney stat. Is your attorney aware that you are behind on payments? If not, prepare to explain the situation.

I'm not sure if you've had any other issues other than this. If not, the attorney can normally file an objection and submit a modification to your plan, if you already have a 60 month plan your payments would likely increase, if your plan is under 60 months they can tack on extra months. It has to be approved by the trustee and the trustee may require you to start automatic payments and put you in a trial period (trial period = if you miss any payments your case can automatically be dismissed without notice.)

If you do get to go that route, you need to analyze what is causing you to miss payments and get to the root of the issue.

Comment

If you mortgage payment is in your 13 plan contact your attorney and ask them to clarify. Is the bank trying to foreclose or are they asking the court to simply begin disbursing funds from your ch 13 escrow to them.

If you mortgage is not in the 13 plan you will probably have to refile, adjust your plan payments and then stay caught up. You need to talk to your attorney.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X