I feel good after 341.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel good after 341.

Had 341 meeting for our Ch 13 BK today and all went very well. We were in the second (9:00) group so we were able to see the trustee's representative clean up some of the earlier (8:00) cases that had some misses. One attorney was actually fined $500 out of his fees from the debtor for failing to take care of a simple issue. Another was told after a few moments to close this case, apply the fees to a new case, and start over, yes the attorney seemed that inept. There was an air of subtle humor in the room that seemed to help everyone keep their emotions in check and focused on the task of having a successful filing. The trustee's rep seemed to want to make sure before a file gets past her that it would succeed, and a poor attorney was not going to get in her way.
    The rep moved on to the (9:00) group and she pulled the simplest cases first and we were 3rd. The first two had continuances to the next month, but the rep told the attorney to fix the issue within a week. Then we went up and I did not let my wife sit and she looked at me funny as I stood there with my right hand up. The rep turned and said OK off and running ready to go, and swore us in. She asked the basic questions and based on a few head shakes earlier we determined we should be clear and loud so she can move swiftly.After the rep confirmed our payment receipt our attorney gave us our prep file and said have a good day. I said thank you for your thoroughness as it was as smooth as silk.
    Total time at court house was 40 minutes. Total time with trustee was maybe a minute and a half.

So even though Christmas was minuscule and we have little in our pockets now I see great things ahead for us financially. Mainly peace of mind knowing where we stand. Now we can plan without concern things will change much. We have a base, good house payment after a couple modifications, a good ch13 payment, jobs, patient and understanding teenage daughters and family. Life will be good for the first time in about 20 years after fighting overwhelming debt.
    This party train is roll'n.
    11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Awesome! Congrats on a great 341!
    Filed Chapter 7 October 5, 2010 -341 held Nov. 8, 2010- Report of No Distribution Nov. 12th, 2010- Discharged 1-10-2011 Closed 1-28-2011

Comment

Congrats on a smooth 341!
      Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Congrats to you two also as I see your recent filers to.

I cannot say enough about the people here sharing thier experiences good and bad to help clarify my expectations. Knowing what I could run into helped me better prepare for the road and smoothed it out better than I ever thought.
        11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

congrats, lets keep the train a rollin.

Comment

Spidge - I love the train pic and your terrific attitude. Congrats on your successful 341 and I wish you and your family the very best in the coming years!
            Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
            New Job 7-2011

Comment

Thank you for posting. My 341 is in Riverside in less than two weeks. It helps to know what to expect.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X