top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does it take for the trustee to start paying creditors???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long does it take for the trustee to start paying creditors???

I have been confirmed now for 45 days.... I have made 6 months of payments... the funds are just sitting.... doing nothing.... not even earning any interest...

How long does it usually take for the trustee to start making payments?
    Filed 7/17/10 1st 341 8/17/10 2nd 341 9/16/10 1st confirmation 10/06/10 2nd confirmation 11/10/10 Bar Date 11/15/10 3rd and final confirmation hearing Dec 8 and acceptance of plan Dec 29 2010....

Originally posted by enginegirl View Post
    I have been confirmed now for 45 days.... I have made 6 months of payments... the funds are just sitting.... doing nothing.... not even earning any interest...

How long does it usually take for the trustee to start making payments?
    I received a letter from the Trustee's office shortly before he started paying any of my claims, and I believe it was rght around the bar date for the creditors to file claims. The letter I had received was titled something like, "intent to pay claims."
    Filed: 5/22/07; 341 Hearing: 6/27/07;
    Confirmed: 8/13/07; DISCHARGED 4/17/2012

Comment

My Trustee did not pay out any funds for almost a year. I kept paying into it and eventually, creditors began being issued checks.

Comment

Don't worry about when your trustee makes disbursements to your creditors. All your creditors are bound by the Ch 13 plan and have to wait patiently for your trustee to send something their way no matter how long that might take.

Keep in mind that most trustees will delay starting creditor disbursements until your case is confirmed. If your confirmation is delayed and if your trustee is making secured asset payments for you (house, car, etc), then most trustees will petition the court to request to make those asset payments before confirmation. Otherwise, everything tends to remain on hold. Nothing for you to worry about.
        I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
        06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
        07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
        10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
        01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
        09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
        06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
        08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
        Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

As long as you are making payments, it is the trustees responsibility to make them to your creditors. They cannot take action against you as long as you are paying.

My trustee is very inconsistent. I dont remember about my first one but sometimes 3 or 4 will stack up and then a disbursement is made. Other times, I make a payment and it is disbursed a few days later.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X