top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should we fight Motion to deny Chapter 13 petition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should we fight Motion to deny Chapter 13 petition?

I am very troubled by a motion filed to deny our Chapter 13 petition. Just before our 341 meeting, I was fired from a part-time job that helped us with our expenses. Now, we get this letter from the trustee about a motion to deny our petition even though we have another job to replace the income we lost due to the firing. We want and need better than this.

What does your attorney say? Your motion to deny was probably based upon the fact that you couldn't make the proposed payment because of the job loss. You're since gotten a new job, have you told your attorney about this?
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

I'm not sure, but in my case, I rec'd a motion to dismiss shortly after my 341. My attorney said not .to worry because lots of people get those. It was only because the trustee wanted to change a couple of things in my plan. I was confirmed with no issues and the trustee dropped their issues.
      Filed Ch 13 10/7/10
      341 11/5/10
      Confirmation 12/15/10

Comment

Yes, my attorney has been advised of the added job, and he'll be evaluating the figures and coming up with a new set of fitures based on this new income.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X