top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting thing with my case. Should I care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting thing with my case. Should I care?

I am about 16 months into my 60 month plan and I have noticed on 13 data center that my plan is listed at almost 100% payback, according to the confirmed plan it is supposed to be about 15%. I figured it was just an error. I have done some math and discovered that it is an error my trustee is making. I stripped my 2nd as part of my filing, I have seen the court order and the proof of claim filing showing that the debt had been changed from secured to unsecured. On 13 data center, the trustee shows that it is listed as secured, payback 100% and the trustee isn't paying anything towards this debt. In my plan, all of my secured debt is paid outside of the plan. Doing the math, with the base of my plan without the 2nd in the mix, it would be the amount that the trustee is showing as my payback amount.

So I guess my question is this, should I care whether or not the trustee is messing this up? The trustees office is going to end up paying almost 100% to all of my unsecured debt except my now unsecured 2nd mortgage. The only reason I know this is that I check 13 data center every month to ensure they received my payment. Can this effect my case or is this a fight the stripped 2nd is going to have to take up with the trustee? If I do nothing and act like I don't see this happening, will it bite me in the backside?

Personally, I would not sweat it. You have a Confirmed Plan which is a Court Order directing you to make certain payments and directing the Trustee to distribute those payments in a certain way. Once you have completed the terms of your Confirmed Plan you get your discharge. The Trustee is paying creditors based upon the Confirmed Plan. If he messes it up, it is up to him to correct it. That is why he has a bond and that is why there is a final accounting and audit at the end.

Des.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X