top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

when do you get a signed discharge signed by the judge and where can you look it up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when do you get a signed discharge signed by the judge and where can you look it up

HI when do you actually get a signe by the judge copy of your discharge? We got a pdf from our attorney saying we are discharged and it is a discharge dated and the judges name when it was done but no signature on that one from the judge.
    I know you need a copy signed by the judge and wondered when you actually get that one in the mail.
    Alslo where can you look up that your discharge is actually real and not the attorney sending a discharge not signed so you know it is done.

thanks
    Ron and Kathy

You can get a pdf of the signed document from Pacer.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

ours both the signed discharge and the signed order of no asset distribution came on approx. day 63 ini the mail....
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

you say came on day 63 do you mean day 63 after you got the orriginal unsigned discharge

Comment

Originally posted by Ron55 View Post
          you say came on day 63 do you mean day 63 after you got the orriginal unsigned discharge
          Tobee was in a Chapter 7, so the discharge is different (and timelines) I would suggest logging on to Pacer to see if there is a signed discharge there, if not call the trustees clerk and let them know you need a signed copy and I'm sure they will be able to direct you on how to obtain one.
          Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
          I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

Does the copy your attorney sent you have the court's stamp on it showing a filing date for the document? If not, it is probably a copy of the proposed order that your attorney submitted for the judges signature. If it does have the court's filing stamp, the judge's signature may be a clerk stamping or typing in the name of the judge. I see that all the time in State court. I wouldn't be surprised if the BK court does it to.

Checking Pacer is the best way to know for sure.
            LadyInTheRed is in the black!
            Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
            $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

No here is the odd part we got a discharge the 8th then the 9th a letter clerical error no discharge never heard such stuff then they needed an afidavit we had to get from the attorney and sign and fax back to attorney then she filed it yesterday morning and at 3 pm she sent us a email saying here now you are discharged below is what it shows on the bottom no stamp from court no signature just as it looks below copied and pasted on here let me know what you think were lost and no help from the attorney as usual getting answers:

DISCHARGE OF DEBTOR AFTER COMPLETION
              OF CHAPTER 13 PLAN
              It appearing that the debtor is entitled to a discharge,
              IT IS ORDERED:
              The debtor is granted a discharge under section 1328(a) of title 11, United States Code, (the Bankruptcy Code).
              BY THE COURT
              Dated: 3/10/11 Sarah Sharer Curley
              United States Bankruptcy Judge

Comment

Ron55, check for a PM.
                LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                  Tobee was in a Chapter 7, so the discharge is different (and timelines) I would suggest logging on to Pacer to see if there is a signed discharge there, if not call the trustees clerk and let them know you need a signed copy and I'm sure they will be able to direct you on how to obtain one.
                  yes, that is correct and i posted that response on the OP's other post........explaining i answered not realizing this thread....nor that thread was referring to a chapter 13 ....and since i was a 7, i'm certain it's a different process.
                  8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X