The Discharge - questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Discharge - questions

I am currently going through a chapter 13 discharge. All paid up, and ready to close out.

In speaking with my Trustee's office, they told me that they will be filing the "final report" next month (because apparently they only receive check statements from their bank once per month . next time is April 2. . . sigh).

She mentioned that I would also have to have the credit course completed - DONE. I did that about 6 months ago and I see the certificate on file on Pacer.

But then she mentioned something about an affidavit that I would be getting and need to sign. What is that? Where does it come from? Is there I way I can get that rolling to help expedite the discharge?

Not for nothing, but my BK13 has been over since January. Things have been dragging on and on and on . . . It's closed (just not discharged). I have been fighting tooth and nail to get it discharged, now only to find out I am looking at April . . so if I can find out what this affidavit thing is and how to get that started. . . it may help me get things wrapped up in April . . . instead of July.

The affidavit (I think) is a newer one that is used now for Chapter 13 debtors. It states that you are not in arrears to anyone for child support, alimony, etc. (Paraphrasing..) If you have an attorney call and ask them for it, if you are doing this pro-se then you can probably get it from your local courts website. Good luck!
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X