A few more questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few more questions

First I want to say thank you to all those that have taken the time to answer my questions the last few weeks. To say I have been stressed is an understatement. I guess filing bk is a good diet as I have lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks, but Im guessing thats not necessarily a good thing. Anyways, you guys have helped me, whether you know it or not. I have a couple more questions. We are filing chapter 13 and are just above the median although the attorney was positive that she could get us into a chapter 7 I wanted the chapter 13 because we owe the irs 10,000 in taxes this year and 1100 from 2008. (This is due to failing business, in which quarterly taxes were not paid..another issue). Anyways, we also owe on a 2nd heloc of 55,000 and our house is underwater by about 80,000. I want to keep the house, but not the 2nd. My questions is this. My bk attorney told me to include my car in the payment portion of the bk..as in part of my 495 dollar payment would be going to my car loan (which I am not behind on). I understand that it would be paid off fully under the bk, but I didnt realize I could put it in there if I was current. The reason the attorney is doing this made sense to me, but now Im wondering if it is actually correct. My auto loan is through my credit union where I have banked for the last 10 years..does anyone see a problem with this? I guess thats my only question for now. Im sure Ill think up another one soon.

We are paying our auto loan thru the trustee. In fact, aside from attorney fees & the tt fee, the auto is all we're paying! We were current when we filed. Ours is also thru our local credit union. Haven't heard a peep from them!
    Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
    0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X