top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confused about claim summary on 13 Data Center!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confused about claim summary on 13 Data Center!!

OK, I really don't understand three lines on the claim summary page because the scheduled amount and principle owed sections are completely different. I don't know if we owe the amount under scheduled amount or principle owed.

Help!!

Both % of claim to be paid are 100.

1. Scheduled Amount:$4,330.72 Principle Owed: $3,012.63 (Back State Taxes)
    2. Scheduled Amount:$7,755.02 Principle Owed: $3,172.41 (Unsecured Debt)
    3. Scheduled Amount:$13,589.33 Principle Owed: $22,164.39 (Unsecured Debt)

The claim amount is the same as the amount listed in principle owed. Do we owe The scheduled amount or the principle amount? I'm so confused because item number one and two have a higher amount on the scheduled amount and item three has a higher amount on the principle owed.

Oh and no payments have been sent out by the trustee to these accounts yet.

Comment

Scheduled amount is the figure you listed on your schedules. Principal owed is amount of the creditors claim minus any payments made.
      Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
      0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

I think in theory you owe the claimed amount (listed as principal).
        I would investigate why there is such a big difference.
        Are you really in a 100% plan?
        filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

I don't know if this will help, my plan has been confirmed at 2% for unsecured creditors. The amounts due listed on
          13datacenter for my unsecured creditors, on the claim summary page, however is 100%.

Comment

Here we go with the plan percentage confusion again. In Chapter 13 bankruptcy, there are several different "types" of plans. I myself am in a "pot" base plan. I owe $80,000 to three unsecured creditors. My plan payments are $311 per month for 60 months. That means, at the end of 5 years, $18,660 will be paid to the creditors, minus the trustee's fees (my attorney was paid up front). This is a 100% plan - in this case, meaning that 100% of the pot base, minus trustee fees, will be paid to unsecured creditors.
            There are plans where the debtor actually pays 100% of unsecured claims. This will happen if the debtor can afford to pay the entire amount. They will know this going in. In any case, the plan percentage figures are not in any way significant with respect to the ultimate disposition of a Chapter 13 case.

Comment

Honestly, there is absolutely no point in you looking at 13 data center, the information makes no sense to the average person, and frankly, doesn't even matter.

Your chapter 13 plan controls what happens, 13 data center is essentially accounting software that presents information in a non-intuitive way unless you are a chapter 13 trustee.

Bottom line, don't worry about it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X