Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I call my case worker at the trustees office

Hello,

It's me again, and before anyone starts YELLING at me ...I am still with these damn pre-discharged certificates that were emailed, faxed, mailed, to my lawyer. I called got no answer, left messages told him how important. No one answered the phone..I emailed him again Friday afternoon and now it's Monday night and i have not heard a thing.

how can I make someone do something if they don't answer the phones...........i'm not going over there.

I want to call my case worker at the trustees office since it's been over 10 days since i tried to reach my attorney.

I NEED for these damn things to be filed BEFORE my last payment. I don't care if i have to drive them to the courthouse. I know i can't go to the trustee's office. it's apart of my confirmation papers which states i cannot go there unless i'm with my lawyer.

I am so sick! I mean this is absolutely crazy
    12/19/06 Chapter 13
    1/22/07 341 Meeting
    3/5/07 Confirmation Hearing Continued
    6/28/07 CONFIRMED!

Have you checked PACER? My attorney submitted both of my certificates and I can see them both on PACER. As a matter of fact whenever I have a question I check there first.
    Filed Chapter 13 with lien strip on 2-28-11 * 341 held on 3-30-11 * First confirmation hearing held 4-20-11, continued until 5-25-11, continued until 6-29-11, continued until 8-10-11. Plan finally confirmed on 8-10-11!!!

Comment

been there done that............i check pacer all the time, it is NOT there. I cannot get any help from anyone.
      12/19/06 Chapter 13
      1/22/07 341 Meeting
      6/28/07 CONFIRMED!

Comment

First you said, "...........i'm not going over there." Then you said, "I don't care if i have to drive them to the courthouse." What's the difference between driving over to your lawyer's office to accomplish the same thing as driving over to the courthouse? (And I'm not yelling at you, just trying for some perspective.)

One gentle suggestion - don't allow your anger at your lawyer to cloud your judgment when the only person who gets hurt by your lawyer dropping the ball is you.

I'm not saying your lawyer shouldn't do his/her job - of course, he/she should have gotten your certificate posted by now. I'm also not saying you should have to go out of your way to get your debtor education certificate sent to the court - of course, you shouldn't have to do that either. But I'm just sayin'......this is a good time to not worry about what should be and do whatever you need to do to be successfully discharged. That's the real prize at the end of many years of sacrifice, and doing whatever you need to do....including driving over to your lawyer's office to have a face-to-face and demand to know when the certificate will be posted.....is well worth it.
        I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
        06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
        07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
        10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
        01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
        09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
        06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
        08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
        Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Well, I finally got a hold of someone from the office. She told me that they had been away, that the Lawyer had been out of town. That they received both certificates and they will be filed and that they are aware of how many payments we have left and that it's almost instant when they are filed and to keep making my payments until I hear otherwise regardless if i have two or three payments because they will refund the money. So right now I have to trust that I'm being told the truth. I was also told that I still have plenty of time for the certificates to get there. ALL i care is that they have the certificates in their office.

Ill check pacer and if i don't see them in a few more days i will call my case worker at the trustees office because in my booklet it says that if i can't get my lawyer or to have things done within like 72 hours I call the case worker, if i don't hear from her within 48 hours i can call the trustee. so that is what i will do.
          12/19/06 Chapter 13
          1/22/07 341 Meeting
          6/28/07 CONFIRMED!

Comment

Well, FINALLY he filed the two certificates!! Honestly, it's like pulling teeth from a toothless person. I had to call the trustee case worker anyway to find out exactly how many payments we had left because for some reason their office didn't send us a statement and she told us that our last payment should be September. then she said, your lawyer has to file your two certificates for the financial management course and I was telling her what kind of a time i was having and she said, get a hold of his office and tell him that you called me to find out the number of payments and I told you that he needed to file them now. she also told me that I could write a letter to the trustee to tell him the trouble i was having....low and behold after i emailed him and told him i had called to get the number of payments and that she said that he needed to send the certs and that if it wasn't sent today I was going to be there on Monday morning to find out why. THEN he sent them. he was kind of nasty about it in he email saying he sent them (which i saw on pacer).

The trustees case worker then said the only other thing I have to do is to make sure that the Debtors certification of compliance with 11 USC was signed and date and tohave him file it.

It has to do with saying we took the courses, we had no previous discharges in a certain amount of time and so on. it's basically to say that the trustee has filed the notice of completion and i'm agreeing that all was met. I'm suppose to have this filed after they file the completion. I didn't even know I had to do that ...she was the one who told me.
            12/19/06 Chapter 13
            1/22/07 341 Meeting
            6/28/07 CONFIRMED!

Comment

Originally posted by wooisme View Post
              it's almost instant when they are filed
              It's not almost instant, it is instant when uploaded. Your lawyer uploads directly into the system.
              All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
              Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

By the way, you don't have a "caseworker" at the trustee's office. They have "clerks" that assist them.
                All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Well it most certainly is showing in the court records and says filed and the date and time and by whom. and according to the letter I got from the trustee way back in 2006 the trustee said case worker..smart ass
                  12/19/06 Chapter 13
                  1/22/07 341 Meeting
                  6/28/07 CONFIRMED!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X