Creditor Claims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creditor Claims

Our debt consists of credit cards only. When filing C13, do all creditors file claims?

Some of my creditors did not file a claim, but all of my credit cards did. Most of the ones that didn't file were small. Then a few debts were owed by my business and originally started by my father, who is now deceased. Most of these "co-owned" accounts did not file. I believe that a few of my creditors probably felt that it was not worth their while. :-)

Comment

As Lilly points out, some will and some won't. Creditors are given a window of opportunity to file claims. If they choose to timely file they will participate in the payout. If they choose not to timely file they won't and the entire claim will be discharged once you complete your Plan.

If all of your debt is cc debt then I must assume you filed a 13 either because you make too much $$ to do a 7, are trying to protect some non-exempt asset, and/or have received a 7 Discharge within the past 8 years. If you are set to be a 100% payback you will want to watch the claims to make sure there are no duplicates or major errors in the amount owed.

Des.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X