Disbursement Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disbursement Question?

Today I saw our first disbursement on the data center.
    We have paid in $1100 for our first payment and only $500 has been disbursed.
    To my SECURED car and SECURED jeweler purchase.
    And the trustee percentage.
    I thought my attorney and the IRS would be the first to be paid.

Secondly, our documents say we cant buy or sell any property without approval.
    My DH wants to sell his 2007 truck (paid for) and buy a gas saving car for what he gets out of his truck. With approval, would we be able to do this? I realize that if he spent less money, they would want it, which I could understand.

Secured claims are generally paid first, whatever is leftover is paid to unsecured creditors. The trustee (in my experience) always pays himself, too. Don't drive yourself crazy trying to analyze what's going on with the data center regarding payments and claims and what not. Trustees will disburse all of the funds however they see fit. My trustee holds funds some months and pays them out the next and he's been doing it for nearly two years now.

Regarding the need to obtain approval to buy or sell property- I would talk to your lawyer. Different trustees have different requirements. It really is amazing how much they vary from area to area.

Comment

They won't pay any of your unsecured debt (including your attorney) until your plan is confirmed.
      Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
      0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X