And the single digit count down is on!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the single digit count down is on!

We have enough stashed away in savings to pay the trustee the remaining payments.

Our attorney sent an email just to make sure we were still around--he said we were the lowest maintenance clients he's had in a while.

We've had some scary moments--DH was out of a job for a while. I had some major health issues and thought I wouldn't be able to work. We also had some pleasant moments--we did a vow renewal in Vegas, a short cruise and a quick trip to Europe.

It all comes back to saving money. We've simplified our life. We don't randomly buy "things", we always have a short term financial goal and use that goal as a deterrent should we want to make a spontaneous purchase. We've learned that living within a budget has brought less stress and more joy to our lives. We're less focused on things and more focused on people and experiences.

Embrace the lessons that BK brings. Sure some of it may suck, but in the big picture, a positive outcome is always possible.
    Filed 07/07, $120k unsecured debt
    Plan: $400 (includes cram down) 60 months
    Brilliant attorney, decent trustee, awesome plan

Sounds like great news!!!! Excellent!!!!! Indeed - a good atty many times makes all the difference!!!

Comment

Please... do not just mail in the "rest of the payments" to the Trustee! Continue to make them as necessary (monthly, weekly, bi-weekly). If you send in "extra" money, most Trustee will just say thank you and expect the rest of the scheduled payments as per the schedule.

Please talk to your attorney before you decide to just "payoff" the rest of the plan!

Other than that... congratulations for making it so far!
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Congrats on you new found freedom and stress free life!

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
          Please... do not just mail in the "rest of the payments" to the Trustee! Continue to make them as necessary (monthly, weekly, bi-weekly). If you send in "extra" money, most Trustee will just say thank you and expect the rest of the scheduled payments as per the schedule.
          I've been explaining that to my boyfriend. I'm 12/48 months into my not 100% chapter 13. About 1/2 of my creditors did not bother to file a claim. Then because of this on my trustee's report: I only have about $5K and 20 months to finish paying claims. I told him short of winning a VERY BIG lottery, no such luck, the plan does not end early. :-)

qwertysue, congratulations!

Comment

There are only two ways to complete a Chapter 13: one way is to make all of the plan payments, and the other is to pay all of your unsecured creditors every penny that you owe them. You cannot make your plan payments early.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X