top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CH. 13 plan confirmed, but what does that really mean??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CH. 13 plan confirmed, but what does that really mean??

Hi,

DH and I filed Ch. 13 in July and we received the letter yesterday from the court saying our plan is confirmed. Yay! But, what does this really mean? DH is currently unemployed. When he does find a job does that mean we need to amend our plan right away or is the confirmation of the plan a done deal? I'm a little confused about that part. I know we have to send in our tax returns to the Trustee each year.

Thanks!

When your husband gets a job, call your attorney. The plan will probably have to be modified.

I have some recollection of somebody posting here that when their income increased significantly, their attorney did not file a modification of the plan. He said to just send the trustee their tax returns and it would be up to the trustee to notice the increase in income and require the plan to be modified. So, depending on how things work in your district, I suppose it is possible your plan payment wouldn't increase if the trustee is not on the ball. But, I wouldn't count on it. You are suppose to contribute all of your disposible income to the plan. If your disposible income increases, you should count on your plan payment increasing.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X