top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After sheriff's sale we got a RULE 58(B), What the heck is that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After sheriff's sale we got a RULE 58(B), What the heck is that?

Our home was sold at the sheriff's sale in October, they have taken control of the house, (mortgage Co. bought it) changed locks etc. Today we received a post card that says:

IN ACCORDANCE WITH CIVIL RULE 58(B), YOU ARE HEREBY GIVEN NOTICE THAT THE FOLLOWING JUDGMENT HAS BEEN JOURNALIZED ON THE 7TH DAY OF DECEMBER, 2011.

ORDER OF DISTRIBUTION. NOTICE IS SENT TO ALL PARTIES REQUIRED BY LAW

It gives the deputy name and the the Clerk of Courts.

That's all it says. I'm hoping that because it was sent by mail, to the foreclosed property address (even though they know we aren't there!) on a simple postcard, that it is a matter of formality, but wondered what it means exactly and if we have to do anything. My atty said to fax it to him, but because of the holidays, he's out tomorrow and will be back after the first. Any comfort anyone can give? I would sure appreciate it.

Also, to all those on this forum who help us so much, I hope your holidays are very happy ones! There is light at the end of every tunnel!
    Ch13 filed 1/13/11, 341 held 2/17/11, Confirmed 3/23/11
    1% to unsecured creditors
    25 down, 15 to go! Thanks to all for your help here on the Forum!

When an order is filed, the clerk must give notice to all parties in the action, but they don't have to send a copy of the actual order.

I suspect that the Order for Distribution orders the Sherriff to distribute the proceeds of sale, after deducting expenses, to the mortgage holder.

I don't think you have anything to worry about. It's a procedural notice that is part of the foreclosure process.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X