top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the time line between the last (60th) payment and letter from the trustee ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the time line between the last (60th) payment and letter from the trustee ?

I made my last (60th) payment on 12-15-11, the trustee had it posted on the The National Data Center web site and it showed that there is a balance on hand of $1,200.00, and it shows that the amount Plan Base and the Total Paid to all Parties is the same. Now we are in January and I am planing on sending another payment of 686.25 as required, to the trustee as I have not gotten anything from the trustee nor my lawyer's office. I am wondering how long does this take to get a order from them to stop making payments and getting this case closed and discharged. I am trying to be patient but its hard cause, I am so close to the end of this road.
    Arbyone

You need to hound your attorney 3 times a day until they answer. Too many people end up overpaying the Trustee. There are things that need to be done procedurally at the end of a Chapter 13. I can't believe I keep reading about these where attorneys and Trustees just seem to forget about a debtor!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Call your attorney to make absolutely sure you have paid the plan 100% (I'm sure if it shows you have, you have, but make sure anyway) After my last payment, I immediately (within a week) received a small check for the overpaid amount. It was just $4.50, but I got it right away. Each trustee is different in how they do business, but I would hound my attorney and if you can't get them, call the trustee's office. I found them to be very helpful at my trustee's office when I had an important question and couldn't get ahold of my attorney.
      Filed March, 2006 Confirmed June, 2006 Case Closed March, 2011 Discharged October 3, 2011....Got my life back October 3, 2011 about 3 minutes after receiving my Discharge in the Mail

Comment

Congratulations on completing your plan payments! I have read here before not to stop making the payments until given official notice that your plan is completed. You may also have to complete the remaining debtors course to officially close your case. Think of it as a jump start on a savings account when the overpayment is returned.
        Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

Comment

The debtors course was completed 10 months into the repayment. Started to hound my lawyers as of today

Comment

Today I called the trustee's office find out if we had to make another payment. I talked to a staff member there, and was advised that we did not have to make any additional payments on our case as our financial obligation for repayment has been met. Our case was being turned over to your bookkeeping staff for a final audit. After the final audit, if it is satisfactory, then the trustee will submit the paperwork to the court for disposition of our case and discharge. Thank GOD
            its almost over

Comment

This is good news! Don't forget that if you have a mortgage payment that was being paid by the Trustee, you need to start making that yourself!
              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
              Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Well Today I checked the National Data Center web site and it shows today that the case is closed. It still shows a balance of $1,200.00 on hand, but Im just happy that I don't have to pay anymore into the plan. Now we just have to wait for the paperwork to come thur..... maybe by christmas:. Arbyone

Comment

Congrats, arbyone! That's fantastic news!
                  I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                  06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                  07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                  10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                  01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                  09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                  06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                  08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                  Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

It looks like we are about to have a Chapter 13 Discharge Party commence. What do you think, lrprn? I'm going to roll the troupe out. Here you go:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

"To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Arbyone, you're in the home stretch! After the audit, you'll have to sign a paper which states that all domestic support obligations are up to date (we didn't have any, but you have to sign it anyway). After that's filed with the court, you'll get your discharge papers pretty quickly. You're almost there!
                      Filed March, 2006 Confirmed June, 2006 Case Closed March, 2011 Discharged October 3, 2011....Got my life back October 3, 2011 about 3 minutes after receiving my Discharge in the Mail

Comment

Domestic Support obligations? ie Child Support and Alimony?

Comment

Originally posted by Mayo View Post
                          Domestic Support obligations? ie Child Support and Alimony?
                          Exactly

Comment

Domestic Support obligations? ie Child Support and Alimony? None of the above, married to the same woman for 24 years, My daughter is 32 yrs old married too. Just sitting in my rocking chair waiting on the mail , Waiting for that letter from the courts that is............

Comment

What exacly is this audit...makes me nurvous. We will be through with chap 13 11/12...so close hope this audit doesn't mess us up

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X