Return to Sender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Return to Sender

I was recently discharge (1/26/2012) and I got my letter from the court.
    Now I am recieving letters that the court sent out to my creditors and the creditors have been merged with other banks as its been longer than a year the post office is returning these letters to me. Should I track down the new bank and forward them the letter ? Should I return them to the court ?
    Arbyone

Ask your lawyer what your responsibility is (if any) in this circumstance.

When two of our discharge letters were returned as undeliverable, our laywer suggested to us that we do the research to find the right addresses if we could and give them to our lawyer. Our lawyer's office then resent the original letters they received from the court that were returned to the new addresses. Haven't heard a thing since then, and the letters were not returned to our lawyer's office either.

However, what was right for us in our state and local court may not be the right thing for you. That's why contacting your lawyer for advice is the right way to proceed at this point. Good luck!
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

I don't believe their incompetence when merging is your problem at all. You are not responsible for their business practices. It was accurate when you filed, and you are clearly discharged from that debt. If they in the future hit on you, send them a copy of discharge, plain and simple. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X