6 months to go...have a few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 months to go...have a few questions

Hi everyone..we are down to 6 months ( maybe less) on our 13. I have read on here about having to take another type of test before last payment...have not heard anything from attorney about this test. Should I contact attorney and ask him? We really don't want to wait till the last minute. Plus have heard from IRS regarding refund check ( trustee gets) and according to IRS it is lost ( from what they can tell ), do I need to contact attorney and tell him that also?? I don't want trustee to think we have not filed ( we filed 6th of February) and she should have received check 2 weeks ago. Attorney is not very good at responding to emails very fast ( usually takes about 2 or 3 weeks for him to respond) So, should I contact attorney? Thanks!!

There is no test, but you do have to take the post-filing debtor education course if you haven't already. Is that what you are thinking of?

Are you assuming the trustee has not received the refund check because the IRS says it hasn't been cashed? If she received it 2 weeks ago, she may not have cashed it yet.

There is never any harm in asking your attorney about these things, even if you have to wait 2 weeks for a response. But, I wouldn't be concerned about the tax refund yet unless you or the IRS has heard from the trustee that she hasn't received the check.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
      There is no test, but you do have to take the post-filing debtor education course if you haven't already. Is that what you are thinking of?
      Are you assuming the trustee has not received the refund check because the IRS says it hasn't been cashed? If she received it 2 weeks ago, she may not have cashed it yet.
      There is never any harm in asking your attorney about these things, even if you have to wait 2 weeks for a response. But, I wouldn't be concerned about the tax refund yet unless you or the IRS has heard from the trustee that she hasn't received the check.

Not sure why I call it a test..LOL. Will give it another week and contact attorney about course....hoping trustee gets refund check by then.....Thanks!!
      Last edited by bam531; 04-12-2012, 05:49 PM. Reason: did not post right

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X